Video Game Development (Mobile & PC)
Lead Game Designer₹4.8L – ₹6.5L • No equity
Game designer is a cross-functional role that works with developers, game artists, gameplay analysts and marketing teams to create engaging casual games or series games that may consist of progressive levels or infinite puzzles. It’s all up to the game designer to turn a vision into an actual game.
The right candidate will be a leader responsible for inventing and refining new games from the ground-up. You will work closely with the studio head and development team to drive concept development and prototyping for new ideas and software that demonstrate potential to be the next big hit. As soon as the game idea is set, your focus will be to own a vision of the game and implement continuous improvements based on peer and user feedback. Yow will take care of the core game loop, systems design, features and more. As the team grows, you will be the design leader responsible for setting the creative tone and expectations for the team.
- Create and evaluate original yet marketable concepts for free-to-play game ideas
- Focus on understanding the market and your target group
- Design the core game loop and the game’s system
- Define the minimum requirements for prototypes and iterate them
- Keep the vision for a game that will be engaging, viral and highly monetizable
- Own key decisions about the broader game concept, mechanics, and features
- Go from ideas to detailed concepts, test them with users and decide on their implementation
- Make decisions regarding gameplay balancing and pacing
- Researching the latest games in the market and their performances
- Writing clear and concise game design documents (GDD) & communicating the game pipeline to programmers, artists , UI designers, level designers etc.
- Break down the game into coding, design, art, UI, and sound tasks, trailers etc
- Drive the initial game flow, overall play experience and difficulty tuning for game content
- Communicating the overall creative vision and specific feature requirements to the team
- Understand and contribute to overall company goals and infusing our titles with the highest quality content
Skills & Expertise
- At least 3 years experience as a Game Designer in developing games, from concept design to shipping the game, ideally in the free-to-play space
- Experience in designing core game loops, systems, features and content
- Strong knowledge of level progression, game balancing and pacing
- Experience with all aspects of game design: concept, level progression, camera, AI/scripting, interface, sound, monetization, and playability testing
- Familiar with prototyping and can create game ideas based on the market needs
- A team player who can act as a catalyst, bringing the team forward on continuous improvement of the game
- Thinking from a user’s point of view and have a creative mindset
- Bring a feature from concept to implementation and keep it magically simple for the user
- Communicate clearly and get straight to the point
- Willingness to learn about the latest trends and developments in the industry
- Rapid prototyper, excellent team player and openness to change
- Experience with wireframing, flow diagrams, and prototyping
- Maintain a strong communication with the team and all the associate parties
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Bonus: Scripting or programming knowledge and experience with Unity
- Bonus: Art and drawing skills
As per industry standards.
The idea is to make the candidate actually take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.