Boutique advisory firm for CEOs. Earn tech multiples on your traditional assets
Senior Business Designer$125k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.15%
Applico is the world's first Platform Innovation company. We build platform businesses for large enterprise CEO’s.
You’ll be building a new business, from scratch, while alongside a large enterprise that can provide support.
You’ll learn our process to tap into the value that a multi-billion dollar company can provide to a platform startup.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from the people who wrote the book on platforms & tech entrepreneurs who have scaled their businesses with over $250mm in total capital raised. Please Note: we are currently looking for a senior business designer with strong product and/or technical skills.
What You Will Do
- Lead an engagement to Identify and launch a platform business
- Validate a platform business model with hacks and prototypes
- Work alongside the CEO of some of the biggest companies in the world
- Build a team in the platform subsidiary and scale the business
- Oversee and roll-out a product
- Work closely with other cross-functional groups
- Assist in the creation of platform frameworks to further establish Applico as the thought leader in Platform Innovation
- 7+ years of total experience with at least 3 years having direct product, design or engineering experience.
- 2+ years as a co-founders/c-suite operator of a tech business, preferably a platform business, that raised over $1mm of equity capital or ended in an exit
- Appreciates complexities of building platform business network (experience in overcoming these challenges at platform scale a plus)
- Excellent at servicing clients both internally & externally
- Sees the big picture and understands how work fits into overall scope of the company and client -Strong management and communication skills -Relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher
-Applico is working remotely for the foreseeable future. Usually, our two hubs are in SF and NYC and we have an expectation of at least 50% travel for this role in a pre-covid environment.
-International travel comes with a stipend of $2k/month, business class flights and no more than 75% time in-country per month
-Domestic travel is during the week and return travel in time for the weekend
- Range reflects base plus bonus