Unleashing business impact with the leading low-code platform
We’re looking for a Technical Sourcing Recruiter to join our team. The Technical Sourcing Recruiter will help ensure Appian has a consistent flow of software engineering candidates for our growing Engineering groups. Our Talent Acquisition team is candidate first and brand led. We believe people join Appian for the community, and we work to showcase that in every touchpoint of the recruiting process which begins in the initial outreach.
Now, let’s talk about you…
You have an inquisitive mind. You are creative and have a knack for crafting eloquent and succinct messages. Finding the right talent is only half the battle and you think outside of the box to engage passive talent. You’ve achieved success engaging candidates for hard-to-fill technical roles. As a sourcing expert you are not afraid to search code repos, execute robust boolean strings, pilot emerging sourcing tools, and genuinely enjoy geeking out. You approach sourcing from a community mindset, developing mutually beneficial relationships with your internal hiring teams, recruiting colleagues and the external technical community. Lastly, you’re tenacious--this job takes some grit. You need to be organized, systematic and persistent.
What you’ll do…
- Ensure candidate pipelines for Appian’s Engineering and related technology teams have a consistent flow of engaged, qualified candidates
- Identify potential candidates on a variety of recruiting platforms and help shape the future vision of our stack. Currently our stack includes Entelo, StackOverflow, SeekOut, LinkedIn, Greenhouse, Beamery, Coderpad, and GSuite. We’re constantly evolving and currently assessing AI & Automation tools. Let us know what you need.
- Engage passive candidates through multiple communication channels through outreach campaigns and diligent, personalized follow up
- Partner with recruiters and hiring leaders across the Engineering, Cloud, and Customer Success departments on near term and long term sourcing strategies
- Continually help improve, evolve and scale our sourcing and outreach best practices as an internal sourcing subject matter expert
Required experience and skills:
- 4+ years proven success as a Technical Recruiter or Sourcer. Experience in a mix of corporate and agency environments is a plus.
- Experience building and maintaining engaged pipelines of passive technical talent leading to both near term and long term wins
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of the technologies and talent markets you’ve worked in
- Creative and collaborative approach to sourcing including an understanding of emerging sourcing tools/strategies and the ability to build credibility with internal and external technical communities
- Strong sense of integrity; an understanding of the importance of being an advocate for your team and for the candidate’s best long term interests
- Innate sense of urgency
- Flexible and adaptable nature, comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Passion for matchmaking talent with opportunity
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Appian at a glance
Appian focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Industrial, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in London, Melbourne, Reston, Sydney, and McLean. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Appian has raised $85M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2014.