Unleashing business impact with the leading low-code platform
Solution Engineer - Bilingual - English & either French, German Italian or Spanish
Looking for a position that allows you to engage all of your many talents? Do you particularly excel at not only solving difficult technical challenges, but also at communicating strategically designed solutions?
As a Senior Solution Engineer, you’re skilled at many different things, you love figuring out “how things work,” and you’ll be a resident expert on Appian Cloud (Platform as a Service) and self-managed deployments.
We are looking for a hands-on full stack engineer with excellent analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidates will have a strong interest in software engineering and a desire to work with our Cloud and self-managed customers. The Solution Engineering team is responsible for providing expert level assistance to our customers around the globe who are using the Appian platform to run their mission-critical applications.
You will learn our technology and become an expert in our software and why/how we intend to fulfill our claim that we are revolutionizing the way software is built. You will play a key role in the success of ongoing customer relationships and customer facing communications by helping to deliver root cause analysis and solutions. As an essential member of the Solution Engineering team, you will look for creative ways to improve the overall operational efficiency of Appian.
This position is based at Appian’s Office in London, UK. There is no travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or similar work experience
- Excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security
- Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required)
- Keen to learn to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written)
Nice to Have Experience:
- IaaS (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure)
- Java application server platforms (e.g. Tomcat)
- Web Servers (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Web services (e.g. SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML, Postman, SoapUI, Json)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Network troubleshooting (TCP/IP, Wireshark, VPN)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
*Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. For more information visit *www.appian.com.
Appian at a glance
Appian focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Industrial, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in London, Melbourne, Reston, Sydney, and McLean. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Appian has raised $85M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2014.