Search stack for building modern apps
Software Engineer₹8L – ₹28L • 0.25% – 1.0%
At appbase.io, we build dev tools for ElasticSearch. Our managed search service can be deployed with any ElasticSearch cluster. We help businesses power their SaaS/E-commerce/mobile search.
Our Tech Stack: ElasticSearch, Golang, Kubernetes, React
Go/K8S power our core backend infrastructure. Our internal frontend tools are built on React. We maintain two actively developed search libraries for React and Vue. Every now and then, we also dabble with Node, React Native and Android/Swift/AngularJS to a smaller extent for building our dev tools integrations.
We extensively work with the Apache 2.0 licensed ElasticSearch search engine. We also work with SQL to some degree.
Key Stats:1B+ searches powered, over 15000 Github stars and 1MM+ downloads of our open-source projects.
We spend a significant amount of time building in the open and you can get a first-hand idea about the kind of work we do by checking these projects:
- Data Browser / Search Relevancy Tester, built with React - https://github.com/appbaseio/dejavu
- Search UI components for React/Vue/React Native - https://github.com/appbaseio/reactivesearch 3. Appbase.io Core APIs (OSS version) - https://github.com/appbaseio/arc
- Appbase.io CLI + Import utilities - https://github.com/appbaseio/abc
- We regularly write about the product/news/tech at http://medium.appbase.io/.
The Ideal Candidate:
We're looking for a software engineer who can take on challenging problems, can communicate complex problems with ease and is excited about sharing their work with the world. Ideally, you already have a track record of building good software.
Things we look out for:
We like to see a sound understanding of concepts, data structures and design patterns. It helps if you're already working with the tech stack that we use but it isn't necessary. We also look out for the following traits:
- Focus on details - Since we work remotely, we are looking for a team member who can work autonomously. Real world problems aren't always spec'ed to the tee. You should be able to ask the right questions, and obsess over the details about what you build. Ideally, this already shows in the past work you've done, whether it be an open-source Github repository or a web app.
- Communication - Since we are looking to grow remotely, we are looking for a candidate that is comfortable communicating their WIP thoughts so that everyone is on the same page. Ideally, you understand how to ask questions on Stack Overflow, Github. And you also understand how to explain solutions. You should like writing - perhaps, you maintain a blog sharing things you've learnt.
- Engineering - You understand what it takes to build good software and are a quick learner.