Dermatology Crafted to You and Delivered to Your Door
Senior Product Designer$90k – $120k • 0.1% – 0.25%
We are Apostrophe, a fast growing start up on the mission to deliver confidence. Apostrophe offers the best way to treat acne and other skin conditions. We provide online dermatology visits and ship personalized prescription medications to our patients. We have opened our own own pharmacy in order to provide our patients with transparent and wallet-friendly medication prices.
If you’re passionate about designing intuitive interfaces that make complex tasks delightful, we want to hear from you! Apostrophe is looking for a senior-level product designer to join our team.
In this role you will collaborate with our Product, Design, and Engineering team members to help us achieve our vision of delivering a better dermatology experience. Because our team is small, you’ll be given lots of responsibility and opportunities to impact the overall product and business. As a senior member of the team, we’re counting on you to build your own process for generating ideas, producing designs, collecting feedback, iterating, and ultimately completing projects on time.
This job is a full-time position in Jack London Square of Oakland CA
Who are you
- You are an entrepreneurial designer who cares about taking initiative and making an impact.
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on experience, but also when to propose initiatives to fill the gaps.
- You have opinions without ego. On Monday, we’ll need you to provoke debate and challenge conventional assumptions. On Tuesday, you will faithfully execute the selected design direction, even if it wasn’t your first choice. We’re looking for someone who can flip the switch between these two modes.
- You embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work. You don’t need a deep understanding of health care and dermatological treatments, but you should be able to engage these subjects with interest and curiosity.
Skills you have
- You have 4-6 years of experience and a strong portfolio of product design that shows a deep understanding of web and mobile design constraints.
- You have proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, Sketch, and Zeplin (we mostly use Sketch, but we’re flexible). Bonus points for experience in prototyping programs.
- You have experience creating wireframes, site maps, personas, competitive audits, storyboarding and user journeys.
- You rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply high-fidelity detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You can manage complex user flows. This isn't a big company where you will spend months optimizing a "Like" button. We need you to think holistically about our entire user experience and stay focused on high-impact optimizations.
What We Offer You
- A competitive salary with equity compensation
- Healthcare, vacation, and free parking
- High EQ / low ego coworkers. You’ll be surrounded by a remarkably talented and supportive team of peers that will help you grow as a designer
- A product that is already making an impact, but is flexible enough to be shaped by your creative direction
- Opportunity to grow a team around your skill sets
- Quarterly outings and team activities (escape rooms, wine & art nights, go-kart racing, etc.)
- Free team lunches on Fridays (and snacks always stocked)
- Dog friendly/loving office
- Phenomenal dermatology coverage :-)
Why We’re Different
We're NOT that superficial startup trying to build the next social app. We are solving real problems for real people. We've already made a difference for tens of thousands of patients who didn’t have access to dermatology care. We have a business model that works, we have funding to accelerate our growth, and we have a product that you can be proud of.