Bundling everything a farmer needs: financing, farm inputs, advice, insurance, and market access
Junior Data Analyst
Apollo Agriculture uses satellite data, machine learning, and mobile phones to help smallholder farmers maximize their profits. Today, African smallholders produce ~650 kg maize per acre on average; less than 20% of U.S. farmers. We aim to change that and reach 1M+ customers within 5 years. We are a team of software engineers, data scientists, economists, and operators with deep experience from The Climate Corporation, One Acre Fund, Uber, and ACRE. We value evangelical pursuit of mission with a pragmatic approach, humility in the face of challenge, active discussion of disagreements, and considerate listening. We are seeking a Junior Data Anayst to join our growing team and help shape how farmers access farm inputs & products, credit, and customized advice at scale.
As a part of the Business Intelligence team at Apollo Agriculture, you will be responsible for helping deliver timely, accurate, and relevant information across all functions within the company. Our primary responsibility is supporting marketing, operations, finance, logistics, and communications team in their achievements and goals, and to help decision makers steer the company towards making intelligent decisions. Your role will interact with the entire leadership team, and you'll have a distinct opportunity to build a complete understanding of the entirety of a fast-growing startup while developing your technical skills and business acumen.
Responsibilities:- Deliver accurate & relevant information to all areas of the business- Create, maintain, and audit dashboards for reliable use by teams across the whole business- Help define ambiguous requests to most effectively serve the goals of the business- Influence business operations as a subject matter expert on company operations & systems- Translate business needs into technical requirements for data infrastructure & engineering development- Provide managers across the business with insight into how to use data-driven decision making to improve performance
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- 1+ year of analytics experience in a dynamic business environment
- Experienced in one or more of the following tools: Excel, SQL, Python (pandas), Periscope, PowerBI, or other Business Intelligence tools
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to think strategically about the needs of the business and prioritize accordingly in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to explain the nuances of data & dashboards to non-technical users, and ability to explain business needs in technical terms with engineering team
Apollo Agriculture at a glance
Apollo Agriculture focuses on Financial Services, Machine Learning, Agriculture, and Farmers Market. Their company has offices in Amsterdam, Oakland, and Nairobi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Apollo Agriculture has raised $51.09M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.