Software engineer (full stack, backend focus)£45k – £60k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Anmut is solving one of the most important data problems of our time. We are helping leading organisations to improve their data asset management and make them fit to win the data race. To do so, we are building a software development team, led by Ian Notley, ex Head of Digital Resources in Europe for Accenture.
Data valuation is a new and challenging field. Through two years of fast growth, we’re at the forefront. Our approach isn’t limited to shareholder value. We also take a broader, more considered view, applying strategic thinking, corporate finance, data science and machine learning to understand the role data plays in the value an organisation creates for its wider stakeholders.
If you want to be part of a fast-growing business, tackling a complex challenge that matters, read on.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the team where you will be responsible for developing prototypes and internal automation solutions.
- Work with the Data Science and Consulting teams to identify and develop prototypes of tools that can potentially be included in the internal tooling arsenal.
- Rapidly develop prototypes that will then follow a continuous improvement process according to a regular internal release schedule.
- Work with the Solutions Architect to ensure that prototypes are being developed with the broader context of the SaaS and PaaS design in mind.
- Ensure proper semantic versioning of code and recoverability of environments throughout the prototyping process.
- Programming language and stack are fair game, but the Data Science team uses Python and potentially R, so the internal tooling you develop will need to integrate code from these languages.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development.
- Familiarity with technical, complex software systems and abreast of latest development languages and frameworks.
- Understanding of Software Design Patterns and its suitability to different applications and scenarios.
- Familiarity with how front-end and back-end systems integrate and ability to build front-end prototypes to allow the Consulting team to interact with the tools.
- Ability to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Keen interest in the data industry and the value of good data management practices (beneficial).
- Experience in early-stage tech start-ups with SaaS and/or PaaS offering (beneficial).
- Experience with business consulting and management consulting (beneficial).
- Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 p.a. plus annual bonus. Bi-annual salary reviews.
- Career progression: as the first full-time software developer you will have the opportunity to become the lead developer and build a team.
- Opportunity for equity with career development.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Monthly development reviews.
- Training and development budget for professional development.
- Social events.
- Cycle and run friendly central London office.
- Remote working friendly.
To apply for this role, please use the following link:
SOC 2136 (1 August 2020)