We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Belltower Funds | Financial Accounting Senior Associate$90k – $125k
About AngelList Venture & Belltower Funds:
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money through AngelList Venture, build teams through AngelList Talent, and launch their products through Product Hunt.
Belltower, AngelList’s fund operations team, performs critical fund administration and operational functions for the AngelList Venture product. The venture team is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. We've delivered over $2B to more than 4,000 startups over the past few years. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC. This will result in a more innovative, efficient & fair market.
We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. Here's a look back at some of our milestones and a preview of what 's to come: https://angellist.com/blog/the-next-decade
About the Role:
We are looking for a bright, hard-working individual to help the Financial Accounting team manage valuation, accounting and financial reporting for the world’s largest portfolio of early-stage investments.
This role forms a foundational part of Belltower - AngelList’s financial accounting team. The Belltower team is focused on building and executing the systems and software that allow AngelList to host the world's largest portfolio of early stage investments.
While the majority of the Belltower team is based in Seattle, this role is intended to be remote and works with the Director of Financial Accounting, who is also remote.
The Financial Accounting Senior Associate role is for high achievers who are willing to get their hands dirty. The role is intense and rewarding: you will perform accounting and valuation work for a very large number of investments in early-stage companies and will come away with a deep and practical understanding of venture finance.
- Evaluate portfolio company events and data, and determine the appropriate valuation action for each investment.
- Help prepare both audited and unaudited financial statements.
- Ensure that accounting treatment for portfolio company investments are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and evaluate special situations.
- Maintain the investment tracking system so that it remains accurate and up-to-date.
- Work with engineering teams to continue the push towards increased automation.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in the financial sector (minimum of four years), a superb academic track record, and CPA license (strongly preferred).
- The ability to communicate effectively with portfolio companies and lead investors with polished professionalism.
- Superb attention to detail -- you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a love of process. We oversee a portfolio of investments in the thousands which can only be managed systematically.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty: good data usually takes hard work and determination.
- Mastery of core financial concepts and a strong interest in the nuts and bolts of venture finance. Your day-to-day will touch on the legal, accounting, tax, and finance components that underlie the venture financing ecosystem.
- Great attitude with the ability to embrace regular change as we continually improve products and process.
Our vision for the world is one where every business can get the financing they need to grow. This means supporting diverse businesses, founders, investors, and employees with diverse strengths. If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we'd welcome you to apply.
Return to office plans: Our team has been working from home since March and our plans are to keep our offices closed through the end of June 2021. Given today's shelter-in-place world and the expectation we'll be working from home for quite some time, don't let geography keep you from applying!
Benefits : At Belltower Funds Group, we have top of the line benefits to support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work. See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/belltower-benefits
Belltower Funds Group is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.