We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Venture | Head of Sales
About AngelList Venture:
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money through AngelList Venture, build teams through AngelList Talent, and launch their products through Product Hunt.
The venture team is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. We've delivered over $2B to more than 4,000 startups and have helped hundreds of fund managers launch their investing careers.
We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. Here's a look back at some of our milestones and a preview of what 's to come: https://angellist.com/blog/the-next-decade
About the Role:
AngelList Venture is looking for our first Head of Sales to join our executive team and take our venture and capital sales teams to the next level. You will lay the groundwork for massive growth as we pursue the ambitious mission of increasing the number of successful startups in the world.
Our strategy of building a scalable, innovative platform that makes spinning up and managing funds a breeze for both fund managers and investors has enabled us to own the early stage venture market. A decade in, we have over $2B assets under management, 47 unicorns in our portfolio, and 36% of top seed stage deals in the US in 2019, AngelList is the nexus of venture capital. With the recent launch and success of Rolling Funds, we are poised to grow our business and team exponentially, and want an exceptional sales leader to join our leadership team to lay the groundwork for the next decade.
The ideal candidate has been a successful sales leader with significant experience in building teams and has a deep understanding of the venture space – ideally as a founder or as an investor. We are ready to invest in a strategic, proactive sales organization that can help us manage growth as we continue to innovate on the infrastructure of venture and expand into new areas. If this sounds exciting to you, we welcome you to apply.
- Setting a strategic sales roadmap for target markets and ensuring it is aligned with the organization’s strategic direction.
- Build out and scale internal processes for the sales team.
- Establish monthly, quarterly, annual revenue targets and deliver against them. Establish and maintain operating cadence and rigor across the Venture and Capital Growth team to ensure the health of the business on achieving key performance metrics.
- Play a pivotal role in the development and leadership of the business through its scaling journey.
- Identify market needs and engage with AngelList Venture’s product and engineering teams to evaluate for its R&D pipeline.
- 10+ years experience building and leading high-performance sales teams.
- Previous experience as an investor.
- A desire to work in an early-stage sales environment and lay the foundations of the company's sales processes.
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world).
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList & Return to office plans: Our team has been working from home since March and our plans are to keep our offices closed through the end of June 2021. Given today's shelter-in-place world and the expectation we'll be working from home for quite some time, don't let geography keep you from applying!
Benefits : We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work. See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits.
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet your team
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.