We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
AngelList Talent | Senior Engineering Manager$140k – $200k • 0.1% – 0.3%
At AngelList Talent, we’re ensuring that every innovator finds their team. We’re building a better recruiting process — one that matches candidates with opportunities based on their abilities and preferences.
We do this at scale — AngelList Talent is the world’s foremost startup & remote hiring marketplace. Over 100,000 startups and millions of people have used our products. We’ve facilitated millions of connections and tens of thousands of hires around the world.
We make a global impact with a small, high-quality team (https://airtable.com/shrAAuVMHFM00buwR). AngelList Talent is ~40 people and half are engineers. Our engineers work on everything from ideation to launch to growth, and we give a ton of responsibility to our team members.
We're looking to hire our first engineering manager to help us scale our engineering team. You'd would help us develop process and up-skill our teams as we continue to grow.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their careers
- Ensure the individuals on your team are building software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality through coaching and mentorship
- Ensure the team ships products, features and bug fixes regularly
- Ensure the team, the company and the community have a clear understanding of the direction of the projects and the reasoning behind decisions
- 2+ years experience with managing or leading engineering teams
- 4+ years of prior experience writing production code at scale. Especially if it is in Rails or React.
- Strong EQ and empathy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, we have a strong writing culture
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Have worked with a distributed team and managed remote team members
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap around staffing/resources for your teams
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and background complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.