We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Venture | Senior Infrastructure Engineer$165k – $205k • 0.075% – 0.1%
About AngelList Venture:
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money through AngelList Venture, build teams through AngelList Talent, and launch their products through Product Hunt.
The venture team is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. We've delivered over $1B to more than 3,000 startups over the past few years. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC. This will result in a more innovative, efficient & fair market.
We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. Here's a fun look back at exciting milestones and a preview of what to expect from AngelList Venture going forward: https://angel.co/blog/the-next-decade
About the role:
We are hiring our first devops / infrastructure engineer for the Venture team. As the founding engineer, you'll have the freedom to design and build out our cloud infrastructure from first principles.
We have a small, tight-knit engineering team (there's 7 of us) and we pride ourselves on having an outsized impact on the industry. Our offices are in Seattle and San Francisco, but we have team members all over the globe.
- Architect, implement, and maintain the core cloud infrastructure used by our engineering team.
- Own the complete code deployment lifecycle.
- Work with the team to craft sustainable and scalable engineering practices.
- Debug complex production issues across the whole stack.
- Take responsibility for the code you own and improve our codebase with your presence.
- Deep expertise working with Kubernetes on AWS or GCP.
- Strong command of infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform.
- Working knowledge of Rails to be comfortable making changes directly in our codebase.
- Experience maintaining continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for rapid iteration.
- A strong track record of launching projects with significant complexity and high levels of ambiguity.
- A strong sense of self-motivation and love working with a high level of ownership and responsibility.
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
Benefits & Perks : At AngelList Venture, we have top of the line benefits to support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work. See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits .
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.