We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Talent | Writer (contract)$30k – $80k • No equity
AngelList is looking for a writer to help out our marketing efforts.
This role would have a single responsibility to start out— writing the weekly newsletter. Here's our current cadence:
- Tuesday: pitching topics to the team
- Wednesday: writing a first draft
- Thursday: incorporating feedback from editors and sending it out
If there's a fit, there's an opportunity to take on a broader content development role at AngelList.
What we're looking for
We don't have any hard experience requirements, but it's likely that you've been publishing your writing for 2+ years, and at least some of that content has been about the technology industry.
We're looking for the following skills:
- General writing ability. You can turn thoughts into coherent words quickly.
- Creativity. You understand your audience and can brainstorm topics that will capture their attention.
- Understanding of the tech industry. That's what you'll be writing about, after all.
- Self-management skills. We'll expect that you can meet deadlines.
Include in your application
In your application, please submit the following:
- Links to writing samples that you've published. These should be something you're proud of that showcase your writing skills.
- 3-5 pitches for the AngelList newsletter. We're defining a pitch as a subject line and a 50 word description of the content.
Meet your team
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.