We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Venture | Capital Sales Development Representative$60k – $80k • 0.03% – 0.05%
About AngelList Venture:
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money through AngelList Venture, build teams through AngelList Talent, and launch their products through Product Hunt.
The venture team is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. We've delivered over $1B to more than 3,000 startups over the past few years. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC. This will result in a more innovative, efficient & fair market.
We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. Here's a fun look back at exciting milestones and a preview of what to expect from AngelList Venture going forward: https://angel.co/blog/the-next-decade
About the Role:
AngelList Venture is seeking our first Capital Sales Development Representative to join our Capital Sales team. We are looking for an independent, curious, highly analytical, self-motivated Sales Development leader who will partner with our capital sales team to qualify inbound leads, nurture relationships with investors, and contribute to the development of a repeatable capital sales process as AngelList scales.
In this role, you will be qualifying and onboarding new investors into our investment ecosystem. With $1.8 billion assets under management, 47 unicorns in our portfolio, and 36% of top seed stage deals in the US in 2019 (50% in Q1 2020!), AngelList is the nexus of venture capital. Our strategy of building a scalable, innovative platform that makes spinning up and managing funds a breeze for both fund managers (GPs) and investors (LPs) has enabled us to own the early stage venture market. As a result, AngelList (as well as the investors we bring onto our platform) get unparalleled access to top-tier VC deal flow. You will directly contribute to our mission of increasing the number of successful startups in the world by growing the number of active LPs in our marketplace which will lead to more world-changing startups being funded.
You will be the heartbeat of the team—the pace at which you work set the pace of our entire capital sales business. You will be primarily compensated on the number of sales qualified leads you generate for our Access Fund (https://angel.co/v/access-fund) and the impact of your onboarding LPs onto our platform. If you are excited at the prospect of building a sales development process from the ground up and applying your previous experience to the investment & venture space, we welcome you to apply!
- Own our top of funnel: respond to and qualify incoming web and email inquiries from investors who are interested in investing through AngelList.
- Create and run webinars to onboard new investors onto the AngelList platform.
- Have full knowledge of target prospect base and manage an ongoing prospect pipeline. Run email campaigns to re-engage investors.
- Look in creative places for new leads, devise effective ways of capturing their attention, and consult with them to determine the best investment options for them.
- Be an effective and diligent reporter. Your opportunities, leads, and any other pertinent information are well-documented and tracked in Salesforce
- Collaborate with the marketing team to identify promising events (tradeshows, conferences like YC Demo Day, etc.) for leads.
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Develop an outbound process to new potential investors including family offices.
- 2+ years in a customer-facing experience (with at least one year in sales development or demand generation) in a professional setting with a passion for solving business challenges.
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment.
- Superb communication skills: you must have the ability to command the trust of sophisticated investors.
- An understanding of core financial concepts and venture finance.
- Able to challenge people’s perspectives and create a compelling story for customers to rally around.
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- Bonus points if you have experience using Salesforce
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world).
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
Benefits & Perks : At AngelList Venture, we have top of the line benefits to support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work. See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits .
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet your team
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.