We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Venture | Senior Product Designer$135k – $190k • 0.09% – 0.13%
About AngelList Venture:
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money through AngelList Venture, build teams through AngelList Talent, and launch their products through Product Hunt.
The venture team is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. We've delivered over $1B to more than 3,000 startups over the past few years. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC. This will result in a more innovative, efficient & fair market.
We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. Here's a fun look back at exciting milestones and a preview of what to expect from AngelList Venture going forward: https://angel.co/blog/the-next-decade
About the Role:
We are looking to add a Senior Product Designer to our team in San Francisco. We have a unique product design culture where designers and engineers define and ship products together. Teams are small and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low management. At AngelList, designers and engineers take direct ownership of product experiences. It's not a fit for everyone, but when there's a fit, it’s one of the most rewarding places to work.
- Work within cross-functional (design, engineering, ops, legal) teams to iterate on existing products and invent new ones.
- Craft rational, elegant, and delightful solutions to complex problems in the financial/B2B space.
- Undertake user research, identifying mental models, needs, and pain points to inform feature development.
- Contribute to the design system to ensure cohesion across all our products.
- Take full ownership of the product. You will help scope, drive, and measure the success of multiple priorities against deadlines.
- Inspire the team by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Learn the venture financing business inside-out, from the ground up.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products and systems.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions.
- The ability to work within visual design languages and experience contributing to them.
- Attention to detail and a data-driven approach to understanding what's required for great user experiences.
- A strong command of Sketch (for UI design). We also use Abstract for version control and InVision for feedback and prototypes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make clear decisions with limited information.
- A growth mindset and comfort in regularly delivering and receiving peer feedback.
- An optimistic and idealistic worldview with a pragmatic work ethic.
- Started something on your own before - a startup, an open-source project, something else.
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world).
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
Benefits & Perks : At AngelList Venture, we have top of the line benefits to support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work. See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits .
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.