We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. At AngelList Venture we believe that every world changing startup should have access to capital. We've helped over 10k investors deploy over $1bn into over 3,000 startups through our Syndicates and Venture Fund products, and we're just getting started.
We’re growing quickly (check out what we did in 2019) and have exciting plans for 2020.
About the Role:
As a Venture Associate, you will be to support and nurture relationships with fund managers (GPs) using AngelList. You will be the primary point of contact for these GPs and will ensure that they have a great experience using the AngelList Venture products (Syndicates - angel.co/syndicates and Angel Funds - angel.co/angel-funds). As an early member of this team, you will have the freedom to be creative with one super-important goal: create an exceptional experience for investors on our AngelList platform.
Reporting into our Venture Relations & Operations Lead–internally, you will work cross-functionally with sales, support, and product to optimize platform usage and solve problems. Externally, you will onboard GPs to AngelList and be the trusted source of best practices for running a venture fund. You will be expected to understand their unique needs and engage leading GPs at multiple levels including strategic, technical, and operational.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offerings, our platform, the venture industry, and our mission.
- Be the primary source of support for fund managers by acting as a product, legal, and market expert, helping them navigate questions, bugs and issues.
- Review and polish investment memos and pitch decks with the same level of dedication as if they were your own.
- Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and critical issue management role.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Evaluate opportunities to increase product usage and retention within a book of business, and drive investor satisfaction.
- Liaise with product build teams regarding forthcoming enhancements, communicate enhancements to users, and solicit feedback from clients to ensure seamless support.
- Act as representative of AngelList at industry conferences and networking events.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Work with establishing funds of increasing complexity.
- Provide proactive, trusted thought leadership to investors, maintaining relationships that fuel continued usage of our platform.
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Collaborate with the product, operations, and customer success teams to continuously help build, update, and craft new solutions for our customers.
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box below, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 2+ years in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization.
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment.
- Superb communication skills: you must have the ability to command the trust of sophisticated fund managers.
- An understanding of core financial concepts and venture finance: you'll be the go-to person for the GPs you work with so you need to know the nuts and bolts.
- Superb attention to detail - you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
- A deep love of startups.
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.