We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Venture Account Executive
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. At AngelList Venture we believe that every world changing startup should have access to capital. We are empowering the next generation of angel investors and emerging VC fund managers; we've helped over 10k investors deploy over $1bn into over 3,000 startups through our Syndicates and Venture Fund products, and we're just getting started.
We’re growing quickly (check out what we did in 2019) and have exciting plans for 2020.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Venture Account Executive, your role will be to identify, qualify, and onboard high-potential angels & fund managers and ensuring they have a great experience using the AngelList Venture products. As an early member of this team, you will have the freedom to be creative with one super-important goal: expand the customer base of investors that use AngelList's venture fund offering.
Reporting into our Venture Growth Lead, this is a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced leaders in the venture industry and shape our sales strategy in this next phase of our growth. You will manage the entire sales cycle, including creating and executing on inbound and outbound processes to close a pipeline of customers. You’ll be integral in helping us iterate on our pitch and processes as we scale and helping build the AngelList investor community by hosting in-person events, dinners, and panels. This role will challenge you to develop trusted relationships with both emerging and established investors–providing feedback on their fund pitch deck, portfolio construction, and fund size. Internally, you will collaborate with product, operations, and legal teams to ensure a smooth experience for our users.
With our easy-to-use and scalable solution, the opportunity is large. Previous experience sourcing leads, creating outbound campaigns, developing and managing strong relationships, and winning net new business is preferred. Previous experience in venture is ideal, but not required. As we continue to grow our foothold in the venture industry and formalize our support for the investor segment, this new sales division within AngelList Venture will blaze the path for the organization's growth.
Ultimately, we are a growing company, so we need Account Executives who will take initiative, learn our product quickly and thoroughly, and bring a positive attitude to work each day.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offerings, our platform, the venture industry, and our mission.
- Manage a complex sales-cycle presenting to GPs and Fund Managers the value of our product.
- Engage and lead GPs at multiple levels including executive, technical, and operational
- Build, lead and grow your own book of business, setting up funds and syndicates with GPs.
- Maintain and track all details of the sales cycle in Salesforce.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure a smooth and successful handoff process.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Implement your own outbound strategies, from sourcing, to email copy, bringing your learnings to the team with the intention to help iterate the outbound sales process as a whole
- Help AngelList build out a community amongst our investors–engaging with our customers through planned events and dinners.
- Act as representative of AngelList at industry conferences and networking events.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Work with establishing funds of increasing complexity.
- Provide proactive, trusted thought leadership to target accounts, maintaining relationships that fuel upsell opportunities
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Collaborate with the product, operations, and customer success teams to continuously help build, update, and craft new solutions for our customers.
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box below, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 3+ years experience in a sales, or venture related role.
- The ability to produce immediate value while balancing long-term strategy and scalability
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Clear, succinct communication skills. Ability to use the vocabulary of the customer to help that prospect envision using and getting value from the product.
- Ability to build strong relationships, as demonstrated through prior experience prospecting and leveraging industry contacts to develop and close new businesses
- A deep love of startups.
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.