We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Belltower Funds | Venture Counsel
About AngelList Venture & Belltower Funds:
At AngelList, we exist to help startups save the world. We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money through AngelList Venture, build teams through AngelList Talent, and launch their products through Product Hunt.
Belltower, AngelList’s fund operations team, performs critical fund administration and operational functions for the AngelList Venture product. The venture team is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. We've delivered over $2B to more than 4,000 startups over the past few years. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC. This will result in a more innovative, efficient & fair market.
We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. Here's a look back at some of our milestones and a preview of what 's to come: https://angellist.com/blog/the-next-decade
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced legal operator to help drive fund legal and compliance operations for the world’s largest portfolio of early-stage investments.
This role forms a foundational part of Belltower -- AngelList’s fund operations team. Based in Seattle, the team builds and executes the fund management systems and software that allow AngelList to host the world's largest portfolio of early stage investments.
- Own legal for portfolio company requests related to financings, exits, and general corporate actions.
- Oversee continued development and execution of core compliance functions
- Provide legal subject matter expertise
- JD & minimum of 3 years legal experience focusing on VC fund or startup company representation.
- 4+ years of experience in a venture-transactions focused legal role.
- Deep and detailed understanding of VC legal structures -- both on the fund and investment side.
- Excellent business sense and the ability to communicate legal and compliance subject matter clearly to non-experts.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to think in a systems-based way. We oversee a portfolio of investments in the thousands. It can only be managed systematically.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty. Continual improvement means filling gaps and being hands on in making sure all legal and compliance functions are executed at the highest level.
- Great attitude and the ability to embrace regular change as we continually improve products and process.
- Demonstrated performance excellence: we’re looking for the best of the best!
Our vision for the world is one where every business can get the financing they need to grow. This means supporting diverse businesses, founders, investors, and employees with diverse strengths. If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we'd welcome you to apply.
Return to office plans: Our team has been working from home since March and our plans are to keep our offices closed through the end of the year. We anticipate reopening up our Seattle offices once it is safe to do so early next year. Given today's shelter-in-place world and the expectation we'll be working from home for quite some time, don't let geography keep you from applying!
Benefits : At Belltower Funds Group, we have top of the line benefits to support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work. See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/belltower-benefits
Belltower Funds Group is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet your team
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.