We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world
Belltower Funds | Venture Fund Operations Analyst$80k – $120k
We are looking for a dynamic operator to help the fund operations team manage the world’s largest portfolio of early-stage investments.
This role forms a foundational part of Belltower - AngelList’s fund operations team. The Belltower team is based in Seattle and focused on building and executing the systems and software that allow AngelList to host the world's largest portfolio of early stage investments.
The fund operations analyst role is for high achievers who are willing to get their hands dirty. The role is intense and rewarding: you do a ton, learn a ton, and come away with a deep and practical understanding of venture finance.
What You'll Do
• Record investment data and maintain portfolio data integrity for financial, compliance and business reporting.
• Project manage investment operations from investment to exit -- coordinating multiple sets of stakeholders across multiple subject matter areas.
• Interface with portfolio companies, investors and other high-value stakeholders to address portfolio-related questions.
The strongest candidates will have:
• Demonstrated operational excellence in the financial sector and superb academic track record.
• The ability to communicate effectively with investors and portfolio companies at high volume with polished professionalism.
• Superb attention to detail -- you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
• Exceptional organizational skills and a love of process. We oversee a portfolio of investments in the thousands which can only be managed systematically.
• Willingness to get your hands dirty: good data usually takes hard work and determination.
• Understanding of core financial concepts and a strong interest in the nuts and bolts of venture finance. Your day-to-day will touch on the legal, accounting, tax, and finance components that underlie the venture financing ecosystem.
• Great attitude with the ability to embrace regular change as we continually improve products and process.
Extremely competitive based on experience.
What We're Building
AngelList’s mission is to serve startups by eliminating the frictions along their way, in the most meaningful way possible.
AngelList’s fund operations team performs critical fund administration and operational functions for the AngelList fundraising platform -- a private marketplace and set of technology tools for fund managers, investors and startup companies who are raising money. 3,000+ investments have been made through AngelList across 2,300+ companies with more than $750M in invested capital.
We offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans for employees and their dependents.
We offer between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave.
Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to.
Take time off when you need it and come back when you're refreshed.
Annual company offsite
In recent years, we've been to Lisbon, Tulum, New Orleans, and Colombia.
Tools and hardware
Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective.
AngelList at a glance
AngelList focuses on Startups, Recruiting, and Venture Capital. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AngelList has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013 at a valuation of $150M.