Market research platform that takes the guesswork out of decisions for small businesses
Data Scientist£60k – £100k • No equity
What we're looking for...
At &facts, you'll be one of the first employees so you'll have the ability to shape the business. We've got incredibility ambitious plans and you'll have an enormous scope to innovate. This is an intellectually stimulating role, and an opportunity for your work to make a positive social impact. You'll be part of the Product Development team and be working very closely with the founder and data analysts.
We're looking for a hands-on Data Scientist with the technical skills and aptitude to build a technology platform from scratch to help businesses make better decisions.
You'll be a key member of the team and leading the development of our platform. You'll have utilised a variety of data sources in previous roles including open / public data, web analytics data, traffic data, APIs and web scraping.
You'll be involved in the end-to-end process from data acquisition, data cleaning, statistical analysis, modelling and visualisation.
Must have ...
- A passion for helping small businesses thrive
- Built scalable data-driven platforms previously
- Experience in creating a platform from scratch
- Experience in story-telling and data visualisation
- Utilised a variety of data sources in previous roles
- An ability to develop quickly
- A love for working with data, exploring new challenges, making discoveries and using insights to develop a product
- Working knowledge of the Python data science stack is required; SQL, R or other data analysis languages are also valuable.
Good to have...
- Experience in developing supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning models
- Experience with Django or Flask
- Strong sense of good engineering and architecture
- Good understanding of security
- Understanding of NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- A bachelor or master’s, or PhD degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering etc.)
We will give you...
- An opportunity to move into Head of Data Science role for the right candidate
- Experience in working for a high-growth start-up with a strong focus for creating a positive social impact
- The ability to work flexibly
- Equipment of your choice
- A competitive Salary based on your skill and experience
- Excellent healthcare cover
- Pension Contribution
*Fixed-term contract until 31 March 2021 - with a liklihood of extension and becoming Permanent *
Strictly no recruiters or agencies
Comprehensive healthcare cover
&facts at a glance
&facts focuses on Business Intelligence, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Small and Medium Businesses, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in London, United Kingdom, and Birmingham. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.