Using customer data to build great product experiences that convert and retain users
Senior DevOps Engineer$155k – $195k • 0.089% – 0.11%
Our infrastructure consists of over 700 servers on AWS and is continuing to grow. As a member of our Devops team, you will be responsible for managing and scaling of our infrastructure. You will work on our deployment, automation, and monitoring systems. You will also work closely with our development team to implement the necessary processes to keep our platform highly available and efficient. Your work will touch many technologies including AWS, SaltStack, Docker, Jenkins, Consul, Redis, Kafka, and Postgres.
- Develop internal tooling for automating the deployment of applications
- Manage the monitoring of our applications
- Work with SaltStack for configuration management
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the development team
- Research and implement improvements to how we manage our infrastructure.
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 3+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering/DevOps role
- Experience with AWS, shell scripting/UNIX, and Python
- Familiarity with a deployment tool like Chef, Ansible, Saltstack
- Experience managing and automating large AWS deployments (100+ machines)
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly.
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. We’ve raised our Series B and are backed by Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We love parents (and babies). We offer a 12-week parental leave, a mother’s room in the office and flexible scheduling so you can spend time with your family.
Fair equity policies
We believe equity policies should benefit you, not just the company. We give you 10 years to exercise your stock options.
Unplugging from work is essential. We offer unlimited PTO and encourage you to actually use it!
Good work cannot happen on an empty stomach. We provide catered lunch and dinner and of course, snacks snacks snacks.
We offer weekly yoga classes in the office and a monthly stipend you can spend on a gym membership, fitness classes, acupuncture, massage, etc.
Whether you drive, bike, train, or bus, our commuter stipend covers your costs to get to and from work.
Getting to know your teammates outside the office makes work better. We do monthly team events and weekly cross-team lunches.
Diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to making Amplitude a place where people of any background can succeed and thrive.
Amplitude at a glance
Amplitude focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Analytics, Big Data, and Productivity Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Austin, London, and Amsterdam. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Amplitude has raised $24.017M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.