Medical Knowledge Distilled
Head of Data Analytics (Commercial) (m/f/d)
The Markets team is responsible for managing AMBOSS’ regions and their performance across all business-relevant metrics.
We’re looking for an insights-driven and commercial-savvy Head of Commercial Analytics to lead a team of Commercial Analysts and proactively and continuously support our growth efforts in our key markets.
As the Head of Commercial Analytics, you will be responsible for business analysis and insights holistically across user-, financial-, and qualitative data. You will lead a team of Market Analysts who will work directly with the Market Lead to uncover business insights that will help guide market success in our key markets and drive strategic decision-making. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative healthcare companies in the world.
In addition to possessing a strong technical background, you are a natural communicator who is able to explain complex statistical frameworks to non-technical stakeholders. You’re curious with a good business understanding and comfortable translating data into actionable insights.
What you’ll do
- Lead, mentor, develop, and coach a team of 4-5 Commercial Analysts and assist them in distilling actionable insights to inform the Marketing and Sales departments
Partner with and support market leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges as well as strategic deep dives using data and quantitative research.
Help drive quant and qual actionable insights to the commercial teams (Performance Marketing, CRM, Field Marketing, Influencer Marketing, B2B, etc.) and senior management in one of our key markets
Own the process, framework, output of Commercial analysis and business reviews, and growth initiatives as part of the market business plan
Proactively identify and analyze new business and growth opportunities for the expansion of our business (B2C and/or B2B) in one of our key markets
Develop a robust body of knowledge around key audiences and markets to proactively address business questions and drive market strategy
Produce day-to-day analytics and insights for the respective market
Track the periodic performance of Commercially-important business metrics
Maintain strong working relationships across teams, adding business insights value where appropriate
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in Commercial Analysis, specifically working closely with Business Intelligence and Commercial insight
- 5+ years experience with SQL, and dash-boarding tools (e.g. Tableau, Metabase), as well as experience with Python or R
- 5+ years of experience working with analytics, preferably experience from start-ups
- Previous managerial and mentoring experience within the field of Market Analytics
- Comfortable leading and mentoring a team of 5 people with operating independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- You have strong Excel / Google Sheets skills and are comfortable with making compelling visualization and presentations in PowerPoint / Google Slides
- You are an inherently curious and organized person who loves using data to inform decisions
- You are a self-starter with excellent time-management skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and who takes pride in their final product
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Join our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office, you will find freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time-off your feet? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly public transportation card. Or, if you want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike waiting for you.
- Reduce the childcare-associated build-up of cortisol! Have your child join our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed or bridge a gap until you have found a daycare spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
AMBOSS at a glance
AMBOSS focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Education, University Students, and Physicians. Their company has offices in New York City, Berlin, and Cologne. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, AMBOSS has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.