Medical Knowledge Distilled
Market Lead (German Students)
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
We’re looking for an analytically-driven and open-minded character to support our efforts in the German Students market, ultimately responsible for AMBOSS’ market success incl. regional goals, targets and business plan to reach those goals and targets.
As the Market Lead for German Students, you will be responsible for business analysis and insights, business planning, commercial execution, regional operating processes, and managing cross-functional market-specific initiatives and budgets by building strong relationships across the company. The Market Lead manages the cross-functional team as the owner of a regional-functional matrix and you will ultimately responsible for its market success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Working with the functional leads to formulate a local strategy for the German Students market in line with AMBOSS’ overall global strategy and objectives
- Owning and adapting the regional planning process and framework
- Ensuring that the plan takes into account all necessary local and global functions and addresses both local challenges and global priorities
Business Reviews and Reporting:
- Tracking the periodic performance of market important metrics
- Owning the process, framework, and output of market analysis and business reviews, tracking of regional budgets and initiatives as part of the (regional) business plan
Operating Processes & Management:
- Providing the functions with the insights and knowledge needed to drive decisions and define strategy
- Ensuring the correct implementation of the business plan in the region incl. budget management - in order to reach set goals and targets
- Ensuring communication and alignment between all functions, including Content, Marketing, Product, Tech, Finance, Sales
- Disseminate the AMBOSS culture, creating an environment for people to learn and grow/inspire and motivate teams
Problem Solving and Markets Budgeting + Projects:
- Evaluating and executing on market opportunities and identifying and solving operational problems with the team
- Taking action and escalating challenges and deviances from plans and objectives when necessary
- Stepping in and executing alongside or in place of functions when needed
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Proven record to develop in-region business opportunities, commercially and strategically
- Generalist skill-set that is equally comfortable analyzing data, coordinating internal events such as workshops
- Organized, process-driven strategic mindset with an understanding of planning and budgeting
- 4+ years of experience in running cross-functional teams
- Proven results demonstrating thought leadership and business judgment, developing and interpreting deep data analysis and presenting rigorous analysis and insights with simplicity, clarity, and confidence
- Rapid and effective decision-making skills
- Strong proficiency in data analysis, data modeling, Keynote/Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to build concise and illustrative presentations
- Able to network and develop deep functional relationships
- Ability to inspire and lead teams across multiple locations
- Ability to lead a matrix organization
- Genuine, confident, flexible, and fun attitude
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Join our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office, you will find freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time-off your feet? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly public transportation card. Or, if you want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike waiting for you.
- Reduce the childcare-associated build-up of cortisol! Have your child join our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed or bridge a gap until you have found a daycare spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
AMBOSS at a glance
AMBOSS focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Education, University Students, and Physicians. Their company has offices in New York City, Berlin, and Cologne. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, AMBOSS has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.