Medical Knowledge Distilled
Senior Business Development Representative
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combine cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
As a Senior Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for setting up and coordinating our international field marketing. You’ll nurture and improve our back-office operations and logistics for medical students from our headquarter in Berlin. Your goal is to make sure we have an amazing sales experience for all our customers converting them to live long supporters, we work for their satisfaction!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and lead a high-performing team to drive (further) international growth through our Field Marketing approach
- Coordinate and drive lead generation through all possible channels, e.g., desk research, social media, and email marketing campaigns
- Sell AMBOSS - a unique medical knowledge platform - to medical students and student groups globally
- Develop and implement compelling offers for these medical students that are in line with our strategic goals
- Identify and drive the development of new market opportunities, ‘lead generation’ and sales initiatives
- Track performance and detect trends and patterns within both financial and customer information to make smart, data-driven decisions and adjust the course of action when necessary
- Ensure added value and a positive purchase experience throughout the sales process and use captivating messaging around it
- Establish effective relationships in order to understand student needs and ensure the relevance of our offer
- Ensure knowledge sharing and cross-collaboration with the International Marketing Team and other stakeholders in all parts of the customer journey
- Optimize processes and ensure smooth workflows and communication
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 5+ years in sales, account management, customer success or similar roles, with 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and comprehensive experience in managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders while focusing on the delivery of results in the form of leads and sales in an agile environment
- Exceptional communication and people management skills and the ability to build and lead a high-performing team
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a creative mindset and the ability to drive appropriate performance tracking and analysis
- A customer-focused mindset and an understanding of the reason behind a tenacious effort to build relationships with users and deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Knowledge of CRM tools such as Hubspot
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Join our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office, you will find freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time-off your feet? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly public transportation card. Or, if you want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike waiting for you.
- Reduce the childcare-associated build-up of cortisol! Have your child join our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed or bridge a gap until you have found a daycare spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
AMBOSS at a glance
AMBOSS focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Education, University Students, and Physicians. Their company has offices in New York City, Berlin, and Cologne. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, AMBOSS has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.