Medical Knowledge Distilled
Creative Director (US Market)
You will supervise and inspire others, taking our creativity to a new level as we continue to grow. AMBOSS is driven to bring the best value to our customers supported with big ideas, and we’re looking for a Creative Director, for our US Market. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
As our Creative Director, you will bring a mix of creative thinking and business understanding to the position; and with that support, you will promote our company and the experience of our valued customers.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team in the production of all offline and online communication materials harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables inline with brand guidelines.
- Have a solid understanding of brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape.
- Prioritize work and resources based on strategic choices, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments.
- Highly skilled in collaborating with different departments to develop campaign ideas, identify opportunities and resolve conflicts.
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions with creative team to define trends and innovative ideas to inspire AMBOSSians all around the world.
- Present, or oversee presentation of final ideas and campaign materials, and obtain approvals for deliverables
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 7+ years of related experience; with at least 5+ years of creative direction in an digital, data-driven, marketing environment, either on the agency side or corporate world, ideally within a Creative-Lead or senior position
- Proven experience with concept development and creating campaigns driven by insights and a clear vision
- Understanding and experience in creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- The ability to organize teams and experience in leading and developing creative teams
- Command over the English language on a native level, German is a plus.
- Passionate about innovative online and mobile trends, creative solutions and collective development of ideas
- High level of creativity and an eye for details & aesthetics
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and responsive design
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
AMBOSS at a glance
AMBOSS focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Education, University Students, and Physicians. Their company has offices in New York City, Berlin, and Cologne. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, AMBOSS has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.