IoT & Analytics for Grain Management | #Agtech
Full Stack / Backend Software Engineer$80k – $100k • 0.5% – 1.5%
Amber Agriculture is on the frontline of internet of things technology development in agriculture. Leveraging the latest in analytics and automation-- Amber’s new, industry-first wireless sensors power practical decision-making tools for farmers. The team’s first product aims to help farmers manage and protect grain assets focused on helping them capture high market prices.
Amber was Launched at the University of Illinois, Accelerated @ Hax (China) + Alchemist (Silicon Valley), and is now headquartered and building in Chicago. The company’s cofounders have a farm + fitbit background, and were named Best Startup at the world’s largest tech show CES in Las Vegas in 2017.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to lead Full Stack or Backend development of the Amber ecosystem. You will be contributing to the launch and long term build out an industry-first IoT and enterprise software product. If your interested in connecting thousands of real-time data points, machine learning, and enterprise software platforms- this position is for you. As a core member of a small growing team, you will help create and expand software for farmers.
- Create web applications that our customers use, depend on, and love
- Create new products and features for monitoring and managing the postharvest grain supply-chain
- Support and validate design decisions with tracking and analytics
- Create workflows to support back-end, front-end, and firmware development
- No farm background or previous agriculture knowledge required!
- Storng sense for high-quality user experience
- Written production-grade code with React and Node
- Experienced with AWS Serverless Framework
- Experience with software lifecycle: design, architecture, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, documentation,etc.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new frameworks and technologies
The Nice to Haves
- Working knowledge of using React Native for mobile app development
- Experience with GraphQL APIs with PostgreSQL
- An eye for ease-of-use and design
- Having a big impact on a quick moving team in a significant industry
- Owning an area of product buildout
- Competitive Salary, and Early Stage Options, Health Benefits
- Sweet startup ecosystem: open floor plan + other startup activity nearby