Digital healthcare service for menopause
Full-stack Software Engineer£50k – £60k • 0.5% – 1.0%
Alva supports women through menopause with evidence-based information, assessment and treatment. Our mission is to reduce menopause suffering and help all women live longer in good health.
What you'll be doing
- Developing our consumer-facing and internal products as part of a small product team.
- Working across our backend and frontend.
- Developing and maintaining our accessibility-first design system from the ground up.
- Collaborating with our designer on user research, and working with other members of the team to understand their needs for internal tools.
- Collaborating on the development of our design / engineering / product team processes.
- We're a small company and it's often all hands on deck. There's a good chance you'll occasionally be helping with things beyond your role like customer support.
What we're looking for
An engineer who has some or all of the following:
- Significant experience working on consumer-facing products.
- Great communication skills; the ability to breakdown problems, explain work, and relay information in ways that help everyone move forward with a shared understanding.
- Proficiency with GraphQL, Node.js, and relational databases.
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks and patterns. We use Vue.js, but it's fine if you've never used it.
- Strong understanding of security best practices.
- A passion for treating internal tools with the same respect and effort as consumer-facing products.
- An eagerness to be actively involved in the whole product development process, not just your domain. We need everyone to think and problem solve like product managers.
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices, and an accessibility-first mindset.
- Empathy for all stakeholders in challenging engineering problems.
- A sustainable engineering mindset - decisions made with the long-term in mind.
- Attention to detail and a desire to raise the bar.
- A passion for company culture and the conviction to contribute to it.
- At this time we can only offer roles to people who have the right to live and work in the UK.
Alva Health at a glance
Alva Health focuses on Healthcare, Healthcare Services, and Digital Health. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://withalva.com