Our mission: improve quality of life for everyone who needs medicine
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
The Alto frontend teams build the interfaces that enable seamless management and fulfillment of medications for patients, doctors, and our operations team. You’ll work closely with product and design to translate complex business workflows into delightful product experiences that improve health outcomes for our patients.
You will work on:
- Wunderbar, our internal platform that operationalizes complex pharmacy workflows like prescription intake, billing, safety and quality checks, patient communications, delivery logistics, and fulfillment.
- Native and web applications that allow patients to schedule their prescriptions for delivery, request refills, and learn about their medications.
- AltoMD, our provider platform that helps doctors and nurses stay up to date on the status of prescribed medications, respond to requests for clarifications, and provide guidance on prior authorizations for insurance.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards business impact
- A desire to take ownership over your work and learn a complex domain
- A high bar for code quality and honors the ‘leave it better than you found it’ attitude
- An interest in collaborating with diverse stakeholders across our product, design, and operations teams
- Experience or interest in building high quality client applications using modern tools like ES6, React (and React Native), Redux, and Flow
- A passion for Alto’s mission and who embodies our values
About Our Benefits:
We believe that a happy mind and body make a happy and successful employee, so we're pleased to offer solutions that keep your mind and body refreshed and healthy. Our employees have access to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care packages, *on-demand counseling services with Ginger, on-site meditation and mindfulness classes, and discounted gym memberships. *
Peace of mind allows our employees to focus on what matters in life! That's why we think it's important to ensure your home, family and funds are protected. Alto Pharmacy offers benefits like group life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, not to mention a health savings account, flexible spending account options, commuter benefits and more.
*Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. *
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Health, dental, and vision from day 1
Daily catered lunch
Alto Pharmacy at a glance
Alto Pharmacy focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Pharmaceuticals, Information Technology, and E-Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, Las Vegas, and Irvine. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Alto Pharmacy has raised $353M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.