Our mission is to be the world’s most patient-centric pharmacy.
Growth / Performance Marketing Manager
Senior Manager, Growth and Performance Marketing
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $300M ARR by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next “Unicorns’ (nytimes.com/2019/02/10/technology/these-50-start-ups-may-be-the-next-unicorns…) .“
Alto is looking for a growth and performance marketing leader to accelerate our growth trajectory as we rapidly drive Direct to Consumer acquisition and provider acquisition, and expand into new channels, geographies, new therapeutic areas and business partnerships. The ideal candidate will be energized by the idea of building a growth engine, optimizing what works and introducing new approaches to take Alto to the next level. This is a new role and the selected candidate will get to shape this function for the first time at a very exciting time in Alto’s marketing and growth journey. This individual will be a core part of Alto’s marketing team and will shape development, optimization and strong performance of a growth engine for AltoThe successful candidate will be responsible for driving digital acquisition strategies in support of customer and revenue growth in existing and new markets across a number of different therapeutic areas (dermatology, fertility, HIV, endocrinology, etc.). If you are a savvy digital marketer, with a deep understanding of marketing channel synergies and effectiveness, and bring forward creative solutions such as product and onboarding modifications designed to accelerate growth, and bring a passion for improving healthcare together with a deep understanding or empathy as to why patients would sign up for Alto, please apply!
What You'll Work On
Performance Marketing Thought Leadership and Execution
* Own all aspects of performance marketing including DTC growth goals across Alto.com (mobile/desktop experience), digital media, lifecycle/email, product marketing, direct mail and oversight of marketing analytics
* Experience using tools to provide insights and advice on Website funnel optimizations and close partnership with product and engineering to make these changes
* Establish funnel baselines on web and mobile and partner with product to optimize onboarding flow.
* Create web and mobile landing pages to support digital campaigns.
* Identify and drive performance marketing opportunities to further scale the business and improve efficiencies. Highly adept at acquisition strategies across consumer/business targets, managing cost of acquisition, and optimization
* Be the internal champion of all things performance marketing by creating broad visibility and enthusiasm for the strategic impact that the function can deliver.
* Develop strategies and plans to drive both near-term performance as well as to build a foundation for healthy growth into the future
Media Strategy & Implementation
* Manage media budget & recommend budget allocations based on analytics & key KPIs.
* Build, execute, and optimize new user acquisition across all platforms (social, Search, Display, Native).
* Partner with Analytics lead to create, update and monitor dashboards to analyze performance across digital channels.
* Collaborate with product, design, and engineering to optimize conversion and improve spend efficiency.
* Design and implement high impact digital campaigns to drive customer acquisition, revenue growth and LTV across Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, and other paid acquisition channels ( online and offline)
* Provide thoughtful leadership and perspective for adoption of emerging media & technology.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
* 4+ years experience in-house/agency
* Experience working for a world-class disruptive brand and for a brand with a complex go-market plan
* Experience with having a strong vision for growth and DTC, and the ability to shape the future of growth in a hot, mission-driven startup
* Experience thriving in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment.
* Biased towards action and highly collaborative
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Experience in or a passion for healthcare a plus
* Passionate about health and curious to find new ways to improve performance and storytelling
* Best in class expertise in SEM and Social Media platforms, especially with Google AdWords/ Facebook / Instagram but also across all major performance marketing channels ( Direct Mail, Email, Lead Gen) and proficiency with GA, AdWords, Google Optimize, Social Media tools
* Capabilities to use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
* Highly analytical and data-driven. Experience owning a P&L a huge plus
* Highly organized and influential in driving outcomes while incorporating feedback and educating a growing company about performance marketing best practices
* Results-oriented, can dig into details while keeping an eye on what truly matters
* The ability to readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. And identify and seize new opportunities; displaying a can-do attitude
* Potential to build and expand a team that scales with the company’s growth