Our mission is to be the world’s most patient-centric pharmacy.
Per Diem Production Pharmacist, SF
Alto Pharmacy is looking for a per diem Production Pharmacist who is excited about changing the way pharmacy interacts with providers and patients in order to improve health outcomes. We are a fast-moving company with many moving parts, and here you'll help steer the future of Alto in San Francisco.
Pharmacists at Alto work cross-functionally across operations, engineering and design teams to build a better pharmacy from the ground up. You’ll play a key part by providing comprehensive and accurate metrics around clinical utilization review and dispensing services that include:
* Reviewing content and accuracy of drug packaging and labeling
* Reviewing for completeness and accuracy of new and refill prescriptions
* Assisting in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs
* 2+ years working in a retail pharmacy
* Licensed and in good standing by the California Board of Pharmacy
* Adaptable and resourceful
* Eager to measure and improve accuracy and productivity
* Enjoys data analysis and is outcomes focused
* Believes in continuous improvement
* Has creative ideas on what needs to change in the industry
* Is passionate about improving the patient experience
* Can make quick and thoughtful decisions
Plus if you:
* Experienced in Kaizen and 5S principles and implementation
Nice to haves:
* Background in specialty dispensing area (comfortable with injectables)
* 2+ years of strong retail pharmacy experience (Walgreens, Safeway, Rite Aid, etc.)
** No brand new grads
** Trained up quickly
** Make safe decisions
** Dispensing experience
* Licensed in California
* Notice and voice process and product improvements
* Mission and Values
* Team Work
* Speaks positively about technicians
* Ability to problem-solve
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.