Find the best entrepreneurs in emerging tech cities
Engineering Roles at our Global Portfolio Startups$25k – $70k
Location: Bangladesh, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Turkey. Remote work is possible.
Alter's Engineering Fellowship is open to software engineers, data scientists, and data engineers that are passionate about crafting solutions to technical challenges at scale. Fellows spend at least 6 months embedded in the engineering team at an Alter partner company, developing core technologies that will scale the impact of the business. We welcome engineers across broad ranges of experience and levels of expertise.
For more information, please see the full Alter Fellowship Brochure
Projects: Fellows have the flexibility to design their projects in conversation with the company leadership, based on their experience and needs of the company.
-Play a critical role in scaling technology for one of the best high-growth ventures in emerging tech cities
-Step up in new or advanced roles with full ownership and autonomy
-Be immersed in a new business culture and geography
-Lead and/or mentor teammates while building capabilities
-Gain access to the Alter network of leaders and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and beyond
Length: Fellows have the option to embark on project-based experiences that can be tailored with the venture as needed, but generally between 6 and 12 months. Full time roles are also available.
Timing: Projects launch on a rolling basis, so applications will be always open and matched with a company on-demand.
Logistics: Host companies will provide Fellows with housing, transportation, and a monthly stipend.
Reporting: The Fellow will be embedded within the organization and report to the CEO/CTO and other senior leaders within the host organization.
- Please submit your resume to our website. Alter will work with its portfolio companies to select candidates for interviews.
- Once selected for interviews, you will have two 30-minute initial interviews with Alter’s core team/previous Fellows. These interviews will focus on cultural fit and your past experiences in the role.
- Based on fit and interest, you will have follow-up interviews with technical leadership of the ventures, which may include a coding interview or a brief take-home project. While Alter facilitates the process, your Fellowship placement will depend on mutual interest between you and the portfolio company. You will also have the chance to discuss the scope of the project at this time.
- You have experience working at a top tech company or start-up in the US or abroad
- You are currently pursuing a Master's degree and have precious internships at top tech companies in the US
- You are willing to relocate to any of the respective countries and spend a minimum of 6 months working with our ventures
- You are open-minded, curious, and exude excellence
Alter Global at a glance
Alter Global focuses on Venture Capital and International Development. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://alter.global