Alphonso is a TV data company
Software Engineer: Server/backend and Web Development (USA)$70k – $90k • 0.05% – 0.15%
We are looking for software engineers with a focus on server/backend and/or web development to join our engineering team. The hire will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining Alphonso's suite of applications (including insights.alphonso.tv).
The ideal candidate is an experienced developer who has passion for UI/UX as well as working on back end applications to process and serve the data required by frontend applications. The candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimising or even re-designing our company’s products to support ever growing needs.
Range of responsibilities:
- Backend/server platform and infrastructure development
- Full stack web development
- Design, implement, and maintain user facing features
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize websites and applications to ensure speed and scalability
- Understanding of the development process, front-end and/or back-end services
- Experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or web developer
- Undergraduate or higher degree in Computer Science, EE, or Information Systems
- Experience with a few of the below:
-- web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
-- server-side platforms and frameworks, especially Node.js
Knowledge of Node.js and React is a significant plus.
Fully-paid health coverage: medical, dental & vision at no cost
A 401k savings plan
A flexible paid vacation policy (no one’s counting)
Yummy meals every day
Great office locations, close to public transportation
Networking with world-class clients in TV, advertising & social media
Global travel opportunities
Alphonso at a glance
Alphonso focuses on Mobile Advertising, Television, Advertising Platforms, and Brand Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City and Mountain View. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.