The Ultimate Personal Assistant for Elder Care—Voice-powered emergency response and AI-driven care
Senior Software Engineer (Platform)$100k – $160k
At Aloe Care, we make solutions for aging loved ones. To us, care means offering older adults the support & independence they deserve, while providing caregivers with the peace of mind they need.
We're currently seeking talented and motivated Platform/Backend Software Engineers to join our team. Here at Aloe Care, we value teamwork, working on interesting problems and solutions that make a social impact and growing people both in their craft as well as their work/life aspect. Being part of the early team, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of shaping the culture of the team as well as seeing products from early design to production. You also get to work in an environment that covers everything from hardware design, firmware development, backend/cloud development, big data/ML as well as app/web development, all coming together to help solve a major social problem with the elderly population.
At Aloe Care You Will…
- Engage in challenging and rewarding work: We are solving real problems that directly improves the life of individuals and families. We are on a mission to solve a small part of the major issues surrounding health care problems related to eldercare, aging at home in a secure and safe environment and (susan to fill in better language here).
- Startup-up Mode: We strongly believe that ownership and the ability to make a real impact on what you work in is critical for people to thrive and enjoy their job. We have very collaborative environment where solving problems and coming up with solutions matters the most and we thrive to see each other grown and succeed in our craft. As the team is still small, you will have a major impact on decisions that will influence both the company and the product direction in the future.
- Work on interesting problems across multiple disciplines: One of the most exciting things about working at Aloe Care is the exposure to a vast amount of different technologies. We make the hardware, the firmware, the platform/backend, ML and DS (speech rec, anomaly detection, etc) and the apps that connect them all. You can either stay in your field of expertise or you can get involved and learn about all the other things we do.
- Work Life Balance: Here at Aloe Care, we want you to work from where is easiest for you and not having to commute hours each day just to make it to our office. So we are very open to remote work and remote full time positions.
Our Tech Stack
- Java / Springboot: Core platform / APIs (micro services)
- Python / Lambas: Data/ETL/cloud/ML
- Database: RDS Postgres Aurora is used for our core platform and Redshift is our primary dwh for all the immense data collected from IoT
- AWS Cloud: Use a lot of the services in AWS to maximize productivity and minimize operational overhead
- CI/CD: We believe in infrastructure as code and that releasing often and predictable is key to get features our quickly to get feedback. Feature flagging is our friend and we are strong believers in data driven decisions.
- 3-5 + years of professional experience in software engineering, working on JVM based backends
- Experience building systems with Cloud Platforms such as AWS/GCP
- Experience working with data / SQL
- Experience with CI/CD
- A self-driven approach to take ideas through execution working closely with our product design team for rapid iterations and user testing.
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your engineering decisions and what problems they’re solving.
- A work attitude that thrives in an environment with short feedback loops. You consider yourself self-driven.
- Found comfort in sharing your opinions and seeing your vision from concept to launch without a lot of hand-holding.
- A compassionate heart and mind. You want to create solutions that help people lead better lives and support your peers in the best way possible.
Additional Considerations Include
- Remote worker, NYC, or Miami based
- Have experience or interests in healthcare, or home security/smart homes
- Bonus Experience: Big Data, streaming data, python and terraform
- Cherry on top: experience with or interests in working with hardware, firmware, IoT and data
About Aloe Care Health
Aloe Care is an innovative elder care platform transforming the future of in-home elder care by reinventing the $12.5B Personal Emergency Response System market. Focused on the new generation of caregivers using smartphones, Aloe Care enables caregivers and their families to stay connected, enhances the lives of elders and their caregivers, and improves health outcomes.
Our Diversity Promise
We're creating a company that sees no boundaries alongside a service that supports all walks of life. We believe you can't have one without the other. We highly encourage anyone from underrepresented groups to apply.
*Help us by sharing this job description with any women or underrepresented candidates that may fit this job description.