The Ultimate Personal Assistant for Elder Care—Voice-powered emergency response and AI-driven care
Mobile Software Engineer (iOS, Android)$100k – $140k
At Aloe Care, we make solutions for aging loved ones. To us, care means offering older adults the support & independence they deserve, while providing caregivers with the peace of mind they need.
We're currently seeking Mobile Software Engineers, both iOS and Android, for our native apps. Working on our applications you'd leverage best in class and modern App development frameworks and architecture for delightful user, and developer experiences.
You're familiar with Swift or Kotlin, common practices around dependency injection, unit testing and creating robust code. You will work close with our product design and the rest of the engineering team and a strong product mindset and user empathy is desired.
At Aloe Care You Will…
- Challenge Personal Biases: Speak to the human beings that will use our product early and often. Identify the problem sets that need solving by uncovering the forces that block them in their daily experiences, not our own.
- Create Human-Centered Experiences: Design experiences across the gamut of our hardware and software user journeys that get people to their goals intuitively.
- Test Your Ideas Often: Confront your creative solutions with prototypes of varying fidelity to our specified user roles utilizing third-party tools, HTML, or by working alongside our engineers.
- React to Usability Testing: Define and design multivariate experiments (A/B tests), extract valuable information from sessions, and react to those learnings through short, iterative design cycles.
- Collaborate to Create Polished End Product: Go the extra mile with our visual designers and copywriters polishing the micro-interactions, typography, visual hierarchy, and brand.
- A strong, diverse portfolio of projects that showcase excellent product thinking and engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience creating mobile applications on either or both platforms.
- A self-driven approach to take ideas through execution working closely with our product design team for rapid iterations and user testing.
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your engineering decisions and what problems they’re solving.
- A work attitude that thrives in an environment with short feedback loops. You consider yourself self-driven.
- Found comfort in sharing your opinions and seeing your vision from concept to launch without a lot of hand-holding.
- A compassionate heart and mind. You want to create solutions that help people lead better lives and support your peers in the best way possible.
Additional Considerations Include
- Remote worker, NYC, or Miami based
- Have experience or interests in healthcare, care management, or home security
- Cherry on top: experience with or interests in working with hardware, backend (Java, Springboot) or data.
You Will Also...
- Build a trusted brand with us by establishing a cohesive design system and elevating the existing brand identity
- Carry this system out to other consumer and partner-facing touch points, such as marketing efforts and certain sales materials
About Aloe Care Health
Aloe Care is an innovative elder care platform transforming the future of in-home elder care by reinventing the $12.5B Personal Emergency Response System market. Focused on the new generation of caregivers using smartphones, Aloe Care enables caregivers and their families to stay connected, enhances the lives of elders and their caregivers, and improves health outcomes.
Our Diversity Promise
We're creating a company that sees no boundaries alongside a service that supports all walks of life. We believe you can't have one without the other. We highly encourage anyone from underrepresented groups to apply.
*Help us by sharing this job description with any women or underrepresented candidates that may fit this job description.