Almanac is a collaborative documentation tool that helps your team do its best work
Lead Designer$120k – $200k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential. We do this with a new kind of document editor that saves you time and helps you do your best work. We’ve built:
- A user-created library of templated docs, so you never have to start from scratch
- Workspaces that bring your team together in a single home for your work
- Powerful search that gets you to the right doc, every time
- Linked document versions, so you can merge or update multiple docs in one tap
- Approvals to keep your team aligned and on track through complex workflows
We've seen professionals waste too much time managing information across disorganized documents instead of doing meaningful work. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Almanac is now used by over 4000 teams and sees over 50,000 visitors per month to its public Core of knowledge. We’ve raised a $8M+ from leading Silicon Valley investors with a lean (not mean) team of 10 people.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time Designer to help lead the development of a product that will help people work better and faster.
About the Role
As our Lead Designer you will be responsible for realizing Almanac’s design-oriented value proposition. We’re looking for a passionate, seasoned designer who wants to make a big impact.
You will help drive the design of our ambitious roadmap, perfecting our core features while testing new ideas and expanding customer functionality. You’ll play a critical role in creating our brand voice and standards and supervising the production of marketing assets, like our website and customer communications. And you’ll help us build out a top-tier design team that becomes our secret weapon and the envy of our competitors.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the design of Almanac’s core product
- Conduct research and use data to create experiences that turn complexity to ease
- Work with Almanac’s leadership to determine our design direction
- Collaborate with our product development and engineering teams to produce stunning, effective product interfaces and interactions
Design experiences that will make you stand out:
- 2-5 years of experience designing collaboration-centric products
- Platforms with a lot of information density or data complexity
- Enterprise technology companies that have consumer-oriented value propositions and experiences
- Subscription-based business models
- Starting and growing healthy, high-performing teams
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- An uncompromising obsession with high-quality work
- An ability to think for yourself
- Willingness to be both an effective individual contributor and inspiring manager
- Versatility across product and brand design
- A love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
Working at Almanac
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery