Helping to bring your data closer to compute across clusters, regions, clouds, and countries
Software Engineer - Frontend
Are you interested in joining a group of highly talented engineers working on a open source project that is solving challenging problems across big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence? As customers continuously push the envelope for ways to extract value from data, Alluxio is driving innovation in data access and management for large scale distributed systems. Alluxio (a.k.a Tachyon Nexus) a project from AMPLab like Apache Spark and Mesos is charging full steam to help customers navigate the digital transformation. The Alluxio team includes leaders, innovators, explorers, and risk-takers with extensive industry experience from top tech companies including Google, Palantir and VMWare and alumni from top computer science programs including CMU, Stanford and UC Berkeley. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has been named as top 10 hot startups for 2018.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, CSS.
- 2-4 years of Web application development experience.
- Master's in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with the full web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- Programming experience in Go and Java a plus.
Stay healthy, stay happy. Medical, dental, and vision.
High quality input yields high quality output – it’s all about the I/O.
Gym, food trucks, and wellness programs. Small company with big office perks.
Work hard, play hard. Happy hour, game tournaments, and company outings.
We’re a diverse team where all are respected and welcomed.
In the heart of Silicon Valley, minutes from San Mateo Caltrain.