2-sided patient and life sciences platform to accelerate drug research in rare disease
Sr. Software Engineer$150k – $180k • 0.1% – 0.3%
AllStripes’ mission is to empower patients and communities to accelerate drug development for rare diseases. Rare diseases are actually not that rare: 1 in 10 people in the United States has a rare disease, and 50% are children. Your work at AllStripes will directly affect people diagnosed with serious rare illnesses by connecting patients and their data to the researchers who are actively developing treatments. This job requires cultivating a deep empathy and understanding of the challenges that patients face in seeking treatment, and a strong desire to improve medical research and drug development for the better.
We currently have two main projects: our external patient-facing product and our internal clinical operations platform. You will have the opportunity to develop and own new features across both projects. Our stack includes React, Parse Platform (an ORM backed by Postgres), and NodeJS, though you don't have to be an expert with these specific technologies to apply. We are creating a positive, inclusive, and collaborative engineering culture of technical excellence. We pride ourselves on being resourceful, and we roll up our sleeves and pitch in where we are needed. We are playful and curious about code, research, and building a great company. We have a well-defined roadmap with tons of stuff to build on the horizon. In addition to our current projects, we are looking forward to building out a clinical data pipeline, using natural language processing, and generating research insights from the data we collect.
What you'll do
- Design, plan, and develop large product features and system components.
- Develop tools and utilities to support and optimize work across the engineering team.
- Promote coding standards and development process across the team.
- Execute on key success metrics in engineering and product roadmap.
- Collaborate with other teams to create new features and products.
Who you are
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Deep expertise in web, cloud, or data engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and development of a product, large feature, or system.
- You should have strong experience working at the intersection of product development and engineering, with a demonstrated ability to turn vision into engineering priorities and successful product launches.
- You are well-versed in a range of technologies and development philosophies, are deliberate about choosing the right tool for the job, and excited to continually learn and self-improve, both as an engineer and as a person.
- You have the ability to be resourceful and contribute across the stack (web, backend, and infrastructure). You are comfortable beginning with a rough feature concept and defining requirements collaboratively with non-engineering colleagues.
- You are excited to get in on the ground-floor of a growing startup, to help us define and grow our culture and team.
- A background in healthcare is not required (though definitely a plus!).
- A sincere desire to share our mission of empowering patients is a must.
If our mission resonates with you, but you only match some of these attributes, we hope you apply regardless. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and enthusiastically encourage people from historically underrepresented groups in tech to apply to AllStripes. We can’t wait to learn more about you!
AllStripes at a glance
AllStripes focuses on Healthcare, Technology, and Consumer. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, AllStripes has raised $17M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.