A cloud solution for supply chain teams and sales teams
Data Operations Analyst$67k – $110k • 0.04% – 0.08%
About the role
Our network-based data platform is one of Alloy’s core strategic assets. When we work with manufacturers, we are able to quickly integrate disparate information shared by their trading partners, including retailers, material suppliers, distributors and logistics providers, and we can do that up to an order of magnitude faster than other solutions. Most of our integration infrastructure is fully reusable, and connections to common trading partners are maintained across multiple Alloy customers.
We’re looking for the next member of our Data team within Client Solutions. This team is in charge of improving and maintaining our central data infrastructure, as well as deploying and maintaining Alloy data across individual customers, working at the intersection of Client Solutions and Engineering to help us scale this practice.
In this role, you’ll be a company expert in all things data. Combining elements of data management and project management, you will support customers, during implementation and beyond, as a technical reference point; you will investigate many complex operational issues, resolve them through a deep knowledge of our product, and help design solutions to ensure we overcome them in a scalable way.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain our data ingestion tools and processes with a scalability mindset.
- Assist Client Solutions with on-boarding new clients, including identifying required data feeds, understanding supply chain metrics and improving the overall implementation process.
- Investigate and resolve data pipeline issues, while ensuring data quality and consistency. Communicate technical details and business impacts directly to customers.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to design scalable data solutions to recurring challenges.
What we're looking for
- You have familiarity with one or more data analysis tools, whether it’s through programming (e.g. pandas, dplyr), database querying, or spreadsheets, and you are eager to learn more.
- You have experience communicating technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- In a world where there’s always more to do than you can do, you are able to effectively prioritize, taking ownership of the outcome and striving for the highest value.
- You are comfortable transforming unstructured instructions into repeatable, scalable solutions. You are eager to tackle new challenges and large-scale problems.
- You proactively take initiative, prioritize based on added value, and create a product you can be proud of.
- You value proactive communication, and you strive to understand other people's perspectives.
- 2+ years professional experience in a B2B customer-facing role with technical knowledge.
- A post-secondary degree in Engineering or other quantitative field.
- Experience with B2B software implementation lifecycle.
- Familiarity with supply chain and logistics fundamentals, including inventory planning and demand fulfillment.
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Alloy is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
Alloy at a glance
Alloy focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Consumer Goods, Retail, and Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco, California, Vancouver, and Neubrandenburg. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alloy has raised $12M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.