A cloud solution for supply chain teams and sales teams
Sales Development Representative$90k – $90k • 0.02% – 0.02%
About the Role
Alloy is looking for an early Sales Development Representative (SDR). In this role, you will work closely with the founding team to shape and develop our target market. You will be responsible for generating our customer pipeline and fuel our growth.
This position lays the foundation for a successful SaaS sales career in the Bay Area, with a defined path for career growth within Alloy. We’re looking for people who want to jump-start their career in enterprise sales and business development. Fun fact: 40% of S&P 500 CEOs come from a sales or marketing background!
Alloy is one of the fastest growing and most exciting startups in San Francisco according to Angel List. Funded by Menlo Ventures, Alloy is the leader in demand driven supply chain solutions, with customers such as Valvoline, Facebook, Ferrero, Melissa & Doug and more!
In collaboration with the team, you will constantly focus on figuring out what works and how to do it more efficiently. You will use the latest sales automation and prospecting technology to make your work more efficient while continuously improving the existing process.
You thrive in a small team where you can make a big impact. You are confident in your toolkit and experience, but you also love to pick up new skills and knowledge.
You are a fast learner, ready to prove yourself in a challenging role with the expectation that you will rapidly pick up increased responsibilities.
You have an innate drive to be successful, and you bring both the acumen and the grit to achieve your objectives. As a foundational member of an early-stage startup, you want to take initiative, tackle new obstacles and solve problems we have not encountered before. Each problem you solve will leave a mark, shaping the future of our sales strategy.
You don’t shy away from even the most challenging problems and are relentless in always looking for better solutions. You pursue your personal objectives, but you are also comfortable working with an engineering-oriented team towards common goals. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion.
You think big and want to change the way an entire industry operates.
What You'll Do
- Generate revenue pipeline through outbound prospecting, trade shows and other functions.
- Make 30+ phone calls and 30+ emails to prospective clients each day, leveraging Salesforce.com and other prospecting and sales automation technologies.
- Qualify incoming prospects, whether generated through outbound initiatives or marketing-driven inbounds. Establish rapport, understand their needs and pain points, communicate Alloy’s business benefits.
- Work together with marketing, design, engineering and other functions to continuously improve Alloy’s market appeal, from attracting prospects to solving the key issues they raise.
- Discover, improve and execute new approaches to reach our audience, including events and shows, campaigns, referral, collateral and case studies.
- Act as a self-starter while leveraging cross-functional collaboration wherever appropriate.
- Employ a consultative approach in assessing clients’ needs and developing an understanding of the challenges faced by their business.
What We're Looking For
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way. You will need to interact with senior clients, understand their needs and drive towards a solution.
- Process-oriented mindset, figuring out what works and capitalizing on it by adding new details to future opportunities.
- Ownership mindset demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and a sense of urgency.
- Well-versed and diligent in managing end-to-end sales cycle through a CRM system.
- Able to thrive in a small team with a highly dynamic work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution.
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Alloy is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
Alloy at a glance
Alloy focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Consumer Goods, Retail, and Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco, California, Vancouver, and Neubrandenburg. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alloy has raised $12M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.