An open finance prime broker
Lead Node.js Backend Engineer$60k – $100k • 0.0% – 1.5%
We are looking for an experienced lead back-end developer who is passionate about blockchain and decentralized finance.
In this role, you’ll primarily work in Node.js & express to help bring indepth knowledge of basic algorithms, data structures and API's to our development team. As a lead developer on any given day you might be architecting new features, building complex API's, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and seeing changes through to completion in a live environment.
- Work independently and build high quality reusable code on a consistant basis
- Take initiative in improving our existing product in order to address pain points in your own experience as a developer
- Able to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Experienced working remotely
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- 5+ years professional dev experience
- Expert level JS/Node.js/ Express.js experience
- Mongo or similar NoSql experience
- Experience with Docker
- Web3 and Ethereum blockchain experience
- Experience maintaining open-source JS libraries
- Experience with FeathersJS
- DeFi and blockchain enthusiast
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange related concepts
- Flexible hours
- Liberal work-from-home policy
- A supportive remote environment
Alkemi participated in Techstars' inaugural blockchain accelerator in NYC in spring 2019 and we've made some significant progress on all fronts since then, with our sights set on a main net launch Q1 2020.
- Alkemi provides the non-custodial infrastructure for digital assets to connect with exchanges
- As an onchain solution to settlement, the company is focused on facilitating liquidity from our partners (asset managers & market makers) by deploying a "take" only strategy on our exchange partner's order books
- Traction: The Company became a top 5 Decentralized Finance project earlier this year by total assets with $16m Assets Under Protocol (AUP) committed (and we haven't even launched yet)
- See CoinDesk feature on Alkemi
Notable investors in Alkemi include Outlier Ventures, Techstars and Ripple Labs, among others.
Have total autonomy to work from wherever you want. Offices conveniently located in Brooklyn New York, and Toronto Ontario
Flexible vacation policy
When you need time off take it. The only requirement is that you keep up with your work, and dont leave your co-workers hanging.
Alkemi at a glance
Alkemi focuses on Finance Technology, Trade Capital, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in New York City and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Alkemi has raised $1.235M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020.