Intelligent demand sensing for CPG brands
Data Scientist₹14,000 – ₹18,000
Algoshelf is a young SaaS company building modern, intelligent demand sensing software for CPG. Planners take days, sometimes weeks to draw insights, generate aggregate forecasts - we help them do this in minutes, more accurately, with significantly fewer resources.
We use machine learning to detect patterns in demand signals, external factors, and present actionable insights for the planners. Our advanced algorithms predict future demand accurately and make granular recommendations at a store, SKU-level, daily.
A simple and sleek user interface wraps all the advanced automation goodness makes analytics, sensing, and planning an intuitive exercise.
Our frontend engineering team is responsible for prototyping, design, and development of the user interface. We have chosen VueJS as our primary platform to develop frontend components. However, we are open to experiments with newer paradigms if there is a use case.
The role of Data Scientist is to design, experimentally test and implement algorithms. Research new features and datasets that deliver improvements to the existing suite of algorithms. Collaborate with engineering and product teams to productionize the algorithms. Maintain fast runtimes for your code and improve the reliability of our code through standard software engineering practices.
- Be a full-stack data scientist participating in every stage of development from idea to proof-of-principle to production
- Develop advanced algorithms to improve forecasting, extract data insights, and streamline user-experience
- Collaborate with engineering and product team members to improve the current product features
- Explore new use-cases for ML in the product
- Contribute ideas and direct the team's investment to impactful directions
- You will help spread the word about Algoshelf at meetups, conferences and on our blog
- You have 4+ years of work experience in a data science role
- You have a Master's in a quantitative field such as Maths, Statistics, Economics
- You have a strong foundation in statistics, comfortable with ANOVA, Hierarchical Modeling, Bayesian Modeling, Time Series Analysis, etc.
- Working knowledge of probabilistic programming - Pyro, Stan, or Edward will be a huge plus
- Comfortable working with a small team, bias to action
We are passionate about our people, and we enjoy learning, inspiring with each other.
Must-Haves (for application)
- Links to all your side projects, working prototypes
- Link to your "active" Kaggle profile, Github repo or any similar platform
Algoshelf at a glance
Algoshelf focuses on Retail, Artificial Intelligence, and Supply Chain Management. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://algoshelf.com