Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies
At Algolia, we’re looking for a Renewals Manager to partner with our customers through the renewal process, being a bridge between the Sales and Customer Success.
In this Customer Centric role, you will get an opportunity to work on the front line with customers and get exposure to different customer interactions. You'll connect with our customers to understand their needs and pain points. You'll partner with our Customer Success team to make sure those pain points are addressed. You'll establish relationships with customers as you negotiate to maximize mutual benefit at renewal time.
You'll Be Responsible For:
- Owning and executing a portfolio of renewal contracts in an assigned territory
- Ensuring all renewals take place on time
- Identifying growth opportunities and providing insights to the business that improve future outcomes .
Your Role Will Consist Of:
- Develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for small, medium and large account contract renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust
- Own, drive and manage the renewal process with customers, including renewal quotes and renewal opportunities, in collaboration with Customer Success, Finance and Sales teams to ensure all contracts are accurate
- Maximize account growth opportunities by playing an active role on the account team and helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure (OTRR: On Time Recurring Revenue will be a KPI)
- Provide Customer Success Management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit Algolia VP or Executive involvement as required
- Accurately maintain/update and provide renewal forecast of your territory and communicate any renewal risk to internal resources in order to develop resolution strategies
- Follow and adhere to best practices for all internal processes including, but not limited to, Opportunity Management, Data Quality and accuracy, Quotations and Forecasting
- Achieve financial and strategic targets for minimizing attrition, positioning favorable terms and boosting incremental revenue via up-sells, cross-sells and add-ons, and maximize customer value
You Might Be A Fit If You Have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in a Sales, or SDR (Sales Development Representative), or BDR (Business Development Representative), or Operations, or Account Management role at a SaaS Company
- Ability to manage a large number of active accounts, identify problems and opportunities, and provide solutions for each of them with strong process management, negotiation skills, financial acumen, and ability to apply strict policies
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates
- Ability to react and adapt to potential rapid shifts in priorities and organizational policies
- Accurately forecast and manage pipeline on a monthly, and quarterly basis
- Constantly looking to learn and improve
Nice to Have:
- Experience with an enterprise CRM or customer service application
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a significant plus
- Ability to demonstrate a strategic mindset to enable persuasive value conversations with customers at an executive level
- Ability to manage transactions through every stage of the renewal cycle
- Experience in negotiating complex multi-year services contracts
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours