Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies.
Algolia provides the industry’s most powerful search and discovery SaaS platform, driving richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to over 6000 organizations. We are seeking passionate and industrious Solutions Architects ready to join a hyper-growth business and to drive technical success in product implementation and adoption.
The Algolia product is a powerful platform, but it is the implementation that propels the highest and longest customer outcomes. Solutions Architects take responsibility in owning Algolia solution patterns and consultation as trusted advisors to the enterprise customer base.
The Solutions Architect team is also a key driver in the creation and prioritization of the core product roadmap, enabling and ensuring our valued customers successfully leverage Algolia. Prototyping, developing and sharing unique tailored solutions via workshops and collateral - both internally and externally - helps both Algolia, and the depth of your own solution mastery.
An ideal background includes previous experience in a development and consulting role, coupled with a proclivity to creatively help customers externally and colleagues internally. This position will your leverage existing technical & client facing skills in an effort to nurture our customer base, drive business/product decisions that affect the trajectory of the company, and develop business connections in the community
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Provide prospects and clients high-quality technical solutions to drive successful customer outcomes during implementation and expansionary packages Prototype and catalog new solutions to fit business pain pointsConsult on architecture, indexing, searching, and UI best practicesWork and troubleshoot with Customer Success to enable and ensure smooth and rapid go-live release for onboarding enterprise customers- Expand relationship and product usage within the enterprise segment Identify new pain points within our customer base and find a resolution to drive adoption and business opportunityEngage in customer calls and on-site visits to help inform and align on product roadmaps for future partnership growthScope and perform expert services engagements- Create and increase reusability of solutions content (blog posts, workshop tutorials, etc), tooling, and internal projects Contribute to Field Engineering Algolia knowledge repository Work with Marketing and Education teams to power company wide collateral shared both internally and externallyBuild out tooling and/or collateral to help scale customer engagement - Inform and ultimately evolve product ecosystem by listening and advocating for customers technical needs Work with Engineering to track and resolve feature requests and bugsMeet with Product to stay informed on the latest changes to Algolia ecosystem and disseminate internally and to customers as appropriate
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Previous proven experience in a customer facing engineering role (Solutions Architecture, Solutions Engineering, Implementation Engineering or similar)
- Strong desire to help people
- Problem-solving skills, and attention to detail Don’t think you fit 100% of the requirements? We’d still love to hear from you.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity/curiosity with multiple technical domains - Backend/frontend mobile development & Analytics, A/B testing
- Exposure to enterprise business
- Familiarity in relevant verticals - E-commerce/SaaS/Media
- Project management experience
- Experience within search domain - Elastic/Solr & Other search-as-a-service company
- Having spoken at tech conferences
- Experience producing technical content
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Death in Service
- Business Travel Insurance
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours