Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies.
Business Development Manager
Algolia is growing at warp speed, which means the Sales Development team needs to scale quickly and efficiently. We're looking for a Business Development Manager in our Atlanta office to keep our top of funnel full, manage our team of Inbound and Outbound reps, and most importantly, challenge the status quo. You will be an active contributor in shaping the global team and process. This is a high impact and high ownership role for managers who are interested in building something big and empowering reps to reach their potential.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Hire, train, and manage a team of Inbound and Outbound SDRs that work across the Mid-Market and Enterprise/Strategic segments
- Own the sales development funnel including process improvements and tool development to increase efficiency and reduce complexity
- Be comfortable in the ability to use data to support decisions and initiatives
- Monitor and refine sales lead processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success of the SDR team - challenge the status quo
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement of everyone's role
- Work side by side with Sales Ops and Sales Enablement teams to help create ongoing training to accelerate ramp time for new SDRs
- Actively participate and initiate change projects at a local and global level
- Encourage global team involvement and culture - The Sales Development Org is spread across the US and EMEA, and we must encourage and influence proactive teamwork
- A typical morning for Aletta looks like: "I have had no typical morning so far! It's a mix of advising SDRs and BDRs on reach out tactics, working on long haul projects, and making sure we hit our pipeline targets."
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 4+ Years of successful sales experience, preferably with a SaaS offering
- 1+ Year in a leadership role managing a Sales Development organization
- Experience creating pipeline in an outbound motion
- Experience building a Sales Development organization is a plus
- Strong experience running high-impact change projects - never settling for what is just working. Push for improvements and develop new best practices
- Successful track record of achieving and exceeding individual and team quotas
- Knowledge of SFDC - Reporting, SFDC workflow management, etc.
- A player coach mentality - the Algolia Sales Development Org is just getting started, you will need to have a desire to get into the weeds and coach by example
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours