Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies.
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Product Managers are in charge of discovering and building great products to help us achieve Algolia’s vision. We are responsible for the whole process end-to-end, from strategy to execution. We take part in every step of the product development process alongside Designers, Engineers and User Researchers, and we partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the products we deliver align closely with the company’s objectives, including sales, customer success, solutions engineering, support, and the marketing team.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the team and help us improve our practice. You’ll be responsible for establishing a roadmap for your team, creating short and long-term goals, and delivering on them. You have the basics of PMing down and you can take on ambiguous projects and autonomously execute on them. You thrive in cross-functional environments and are excited to collaborate with engineering, design, sales, product leadership, and our founders.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Talk to customers and prospects to deeply understand their pains, challenges and needs
- Work closely with Engineers and Designers to create solutions that address real customer pains and bring joy to our users
- Create a strategy and roadmap for your scope. Advocate for it internally and externally and ensure staffing and prioritization of the most leveraged initiatives
- Contribute to the company’s product strategy based on customer insights, competitive analysis, and data from the market
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to gather feedback and ensure alignment on your plans
- Drive product launches alongside product marketing, and ensure success of your features in the market
- Help the PM team grow and improve, by engaging in knowledge sharing, mentorship, recruiting activities, and creating new processes to help us adapt as we scale
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience managing software products from inception to launch and iteration
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Strong empathy: you can deeply empathize with people who are different from you, and understand what drives their feelings and emotions, their pains and their joys
- Good business sense: you are focused on outcomes rather than projects, you prioritize projects that help the company’s objectives and always think about how you will measure success
- Strategic: you can reason about the impact of product tradeoffs on the business. You think about the whole ecosystem - partners, competition, trends - and know how it impacts your prioritization. You know not to re-invent the wheel, drive with hypotheses, and favor the iterative approach
- Ownership: you always feel accountable to deliver value to customers end-to-end. You are a force of proposition and know to sweat the details when it makes a difference
- Structured and clear communication: you are able to communicate complex ideas in simple terms. You can adapt your message to the audience and are always clear about your decision-making frameworks
- Collaboration: you are an impactful team player and leader. You have strong listening skills and always course correct based on feedback. You know how to motivate and energize your team to make it more engaged in the pursuit of its goals. You make decisions quickly and remove ambiguity for your team to help them move faster
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with search or search engines
- Experience as a developer or data analyst, or a technical background
- Experience building a product for an audience of developers
- Experience as a PM in a fast-growing B2B SaaS company
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOME WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours