Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies
VP of Product Marketing
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia is seeking a VP of Product Marketing to lead a team that defines customer engagement through messaging, positioning, and competitive insights for our hosted search API solution. You’ll lead go-to-market planning and execution, drive solutions and content marketing, and deliver sales tools and enablement.
This high visibility, strategic role sits at the interface between sales and product management and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work collaboratively across the company.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Messaging and positioning: Develop and articulate compelling value propositions that are clear, differentiated and defensible.
- Solutions and content: Empower and accelerate the content creation targeted to personas and industries
- Competition: Understand our markets and top competitors in order to deliver compelling messages that effectively position our offerings to win.
- Thought leadership: Partner closely with the industry experts and Analyst and PR teams to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevance in the market; be a spokesperson for the media.
- New Product Introduction: Lead, coordinate, and work across the marketing, product management, and sales teams to execute product launches that highlight our innovations and drive demand.
- Sales Enablement: Create and deliver materials for the sales team and partners, including sales training, presentation materials, solution briefs, FAQs, and battle cards that help drive solution adoption and create sales excitement & success.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 10+ years of technology product marketing and team management experience.
- People-focused leader with the ability to build and mentor talented, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to culture and overall business objectives.
- Deep experience presenting to customers, partners and internally, to senior executives.
- Strong understanding of content marketing
- Nice to have: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field; MBA preferred
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
Paid parental leave
Competitive pay and equity
Unlimited time off
Fully stocked kitchens, meals & happy hours
Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (english/french)
Algolia at a glance
Algolia focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Search, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Algolia has raised $184.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.