Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies
Junior Data Engineer - Data Internals (Internship)
We’re on a mission to make Algolia a data-driven organization, and we’re looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join our Data Analytics squad to help us get there.
This squad aims at helping other teams make better decisions by providing relevant data while ensuring its integrity and its consistency. This team has significant impact as we work closely with business analysts on our Operations, Marketing, Product and Infrastructure teams to help them discover meaningful trends.
On a daily-basis, you will work on:
- Developing data pipelines and ETL workflows with Ruby and Sidekiq
- Maintaining AWS Redshift as our data warehouse
- Using Looker for reports, dashboards and visualizations
- Interact with Engineering and Business teams to understand requirements
With Algolia’s rapid growth, there will be many data-related challenges that will need to be tackled!
As a junior joining the team, our goal will be to make you grow and provide you the resources to be successful at Algolia. We also expect from you to contribute the team's mission thanks to your fresh eyes!
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Build, enrich and maintain our data pipelines and admin tools
- Work with engineers and business analysts to capture and model data
- Setup reports and dashboards to improve company productivity
- Monitor data integrity and growth
- Ensure every product is released with a data-driven approach
YOU MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Practical knowledge of Ruby/Python
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Interest in understanding the data and business requirements
- An authorization to work in France
What could be a plus:
- Experience using and managing AWS Redshift
- Experience modeling a data warehouse
- Experience building a data pipeline
- Experience orchestrating pipelines with Apache Airflow or Luigi
- Experience with a parallel data processing framework such as Apache Spark or Apache Beam
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
Paid parental leave
Competitive pay and equity
Unlimited time off
Fully stocked kitchens, meals & happy hours
Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (english/french)
Algolia at a glance
Algolia focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Search, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Algolia has raised $184.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.