Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies
Solutions Engineer - SF
** Open to Senior and Core Solutions Engineer in SF - Will be determined throughout the interview process.
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia provides the industry’s most powerful search and discovery SaaS platform, driving richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to over 6000 companies. We are seeking passionate and industrious Solutions Engineers ready to join a hyper-growth business and market to help evangelize and drive technical success with our solutions.
The Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the go-to-market team, working closely with the sales and solutions organizations, playing a major role in the revenue attainment of the company and the adoption and best practices of our customers.
The Algolia Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit on opportunities and accounts. They lead the technical pre-sales relationship, work closely with Account Executives, demonstrate the product and architecture, overcome objections, and offer creative and consultative solutions.
The Algolia Solution Engineer is both a highly technical product expert and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CTO or developing a prototype with the API in communication with customer software engineers.
The ideal candidate gets excited talking to engineers, product managers, and CTOs, and also knows how to distill technical concepts to business value for all types of buyers.
The SE also is an important advocate for customer interests to product and engineering, creating compelling technical content, enabling other groups, and working on cross-company initiatives.
Our priorities are determined by a single question: what will help our customers be more successful with Algolia?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Work with Sales Teams and prospects on their evaluation and adoption of Algolia solutions
- Understand and qualify customer goals and effectively articulate Algolia’s ability to meet them
- Assist in the Sales process including discovery, demo, Proofs of Concept (POC), RFP responses & business justification.
- Develop custom search applications leveraging the tools, frameworks, and partners of the Algolia ecosystem.
- Distill and advocate customer interests, needs and product feedback to Product and Engineering
- Continuously learn and update skills and keep aware of industry trends in the Search and Discovery space, and contribute to thought leadership to make Algolia more accessible to the world.
- Work with the Solution Architects and Customer Success teams on seamless transition to the post sales process to ensure highly successful onboarding.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Obsessed with Solving Customer Problems
- 2- 4 years experience in a customer-facing technical role (SE, SA, consultant, PM), ideally in the SaaS space
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills working with multiple customers and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with various competing demands and attention to detail.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience designing mockups / wireframes / UI using tools like Photoshop, SketchApp
- Mobile programming experience
- A background in the search industry or e-commerce
- Specific knowledge in frameworks Magento, Shopify
- Knowledge in Analytics, SEO
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Learn more about the role and the company
Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
Paid parental leave
Competitive pay and equity
Unlimited time off
Fully stocked kitchens, meals & happy hours
Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (english/french)
Algolia at a glance
Algolia focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Search, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Algolia has raised $184.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.