Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies.
Sales Development Representative - EMEA
As a Sales Development Representative at Algolia, you will be responsible for strategically qualifying business prospects for the Algolia sales team. You will be in direct contact with Algolia customers from everywhere in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia, in order to qualify their interest, set up meetings with Account Executives, and follow the initial stages of the sales cycle.
This role is a unique opportunity to start your career in the Revenue organisation of a tech company, while discovering different industries, personas, and challenges that our customers are.
We're looking for resilient learners and builders who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and want to understand the ins and outs of selling to a tech audience. If you know your strengths, have the humility to accept and work on your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally, we would love to hear from you!
Coming right from Yuye, working in the Sales team: "As a SDR, we work with different account managers, with whom I get inspired everyday. The team is amazing, I really feel lucky to be part of it. In a fast-growing environment, I have the opportunity to get involved in different projects related to roles and process".
Your role will consist of:
- Master Algolia - Product and Sales process
- Build strong relationships with prospects and customers, understand their challenges and show your knowledge on search and discovery
- Hunt and Qualify inbound leads - This can be done by email, phone, visio, or onsite
- Skillfully build a reputation with customers and create interest in Algolia
- Manage sales lead information in Salesforce
- Improve our Sales methods and the team in general
- On a typical morning, Yuye contacts prospects over phone and email, deals with objections, qualifies their needs, and works closely with account managers to understand better the prospects' project.
You might be a fit if you have:
- 0-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- A strong mix of humility and drive
- Great capacity and will to learn
- Sincere customer empathy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- French native and English fluent or native
- You genuinely care about solving other’s problems
Nice to have
- Any other language, additional to English and French, is a strong plus
- SaaS sales experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Student activities or sports in school
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours