Algolia is a search-as-a-service platform delivering digital experiences for companies
Sales Development Representative - EMEA
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
This role is a unique opportunity to start your career in the Revenue organisation of a tech company, while discovering different industries, personas, and challenges that our customers are.
As a Sales Development Representative at Algolia, you will be responsible for strategically qualifying business prospects for the Algolia sales team. You will be in direct contact with Algolia customers from everywhere in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia, in order to qualify their interest, set up meetings with Account Executives, and follow the initial stages of the sales cycle.
We're looking for resilient learners and builders who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and want to understand the ins and outs of selling to a tech audience. If you know your strengths, have the humility to accept and work on your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally, we would love to hear from you!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Master Algolia's Product and Sales process
- Build strong relationships with prospects, understand their challenges and show your knowledge on search and discovery
- Qualify inbound leads - This can be done by email, phone, visio, or onsite
- Manage sales lead information in Salesforce
- Improve our Sales methods and the team in general
- On a typical morning, you would contact prospects over phone and email, deal with objections, qualify their needs, and work closely with account managers to better understand the prospects' project.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 0-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- A strong mix of humility and drive
- Great capacity and will to learn
- Sincere customer empathy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- French native and English fluent
- You genuinely care about solving other’s problems
NICE TO HAVE:
- Any other language, additional to English and French, is a strong plus
- SaaS sales experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
Paid parental leave
Competitive pay and equity
Unlimited time off
Fully stocked kitchens, meals & happy hours
Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (english/french)
Algolia at a glance
Algolia focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Search, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Algolia has raised $184.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.